Aftermarket Head unit on Mach 460

• Sponsors (?)

MGSTANG said:
Does the 01 come with 2 different decks, or one big one? Mine has the Mach 460 6 disc in it. I don't want to rewire the hole system because I like the fact that I have the 8 speaker mach system. I just want my pioneer 9300 headunit in there to help with the lows for my subs. I already have it bought so it's just sitting around waisting the 4 year warranty on it. Been sittin since December. If I rewire it, how do I still use the door tweeters, and back tweeters. Do they have there own channel on the stock deck, or does it just tap into the door speaker wiring.

My bad, I misinterpreted this post. I read this and my mind got stuck on the '01.

grodgers said:
If it's an '04, if you're not comfortable going in and splicing wires, I'd hold out a bit.... I *doubt* it'll be a few months.

I'd call Metra at 800-253-TECH and see if they have any updated info on when a harness will be available for your car.

See, I don't mind rewiring. I just want to use all the 8 stock speakers with stock amps. Just a different head unit. I appreciate all the info. I'm glad someone actually knows about this. You sound pretty confident on this issue. Is there a Metra site so I can look for info, or do you think the best thing would be to just call that #? Thanks

I'd call them directly for the best results. Also, I emailed the support at partsexpress.com (where I bought my Metra harness) and they were very, very knowledgable about it.

I just called Metra and the tech said they are working on one. But it won't be available anytime soon. Thanks everyone for the help. If anybody notices one in the future. If you remember, try to let me know. Thanks

A couple of things to look for in a head unit if you want to keep the rest of the mach system stock.

Look for 6 channel sound and a preamp voltage of 4. Most head unit have a preamp voltage of 2 or 2.5 which likely will produce low volume levels. Over 4 volts and you risk damaging the stock equipment.