Aftermarket heads/power steering stud

I think the bolt pattern maybe diff on the ends of one of the heads as soon as I get them back from the machine shop I will check. This seems to be the only reasonable solution.

• Sponsors (?)

maybe I called the machine shop and they say the bolt patterns are the same on the front of both heads if they were mounted on the drivers side. I'm going to take a bracket to them tomm, to get the bottom of this. If we need to drill a hole so be it.

HemiRick... do all of us a favor and go out to your car, your heads and take a pic of the end you keep referencing. It is a very simple task and 90% of all the debate that has just happened will go away. Start these kinds of threads with pics of what you are talking about. Not pics off the internet, pics of YOUR stuff.

K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid !!!!!

HemiRick... do all of us a favor and go out to your car, your heads and take a pic of the end you keep referencing. It is a very simple task and 90% of all the debate that has just happened will go away. Start these kinds of threads with pics of what you are talking about. Not pics off the internet, pics of YOUR stuff.

K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid !!!!!

His heads are at the machine shop...he has no pics. I'm sure he'll update when he gets there....or when he gets back.

Don't people take pics first when there is a problem? At least to document what is seen. Why would you have a problem you are going to ask for advice about and not take pics first?

Problem solved as there is no problem. The 1 hole in the upper right of the head is the needed hole, in the thermactor port location. The missing hole is the unneeded one. Sorry for the confusion.

Attachments

• DSCF3825.JPG
    DSCF3825.JPG
    434.9 KB · Views: 62
Reactions: 1 user
Now if this thread had started with the picture above and the question, it would have been resolved in 1 or 2 posts, not 67.
NO If the head was not a the machine shop, this question would have never been asked. I noticed what I thought was a problem and was trying to get in front of it.....

Reactions: 1 user
Glad its all to the gooder. We all have that little devil telling us something isn't right and we are about to be sailing up schits creek. Sends us into from mild to full on panic mode. Its always rejuvenating when you find out everything is ok.