aftermarket k-members

sspnotcback

Jan 5, 2013
i wanted to know what kind of experience you guys have with after market k-members. i was looking at the upr set up with coil over strut design.do they help the ride quality and handling alot.or should i just go with the new k-member by itself. also can u still lower the front a little

• Sponsors (?)

The UPR coil-over kit will allow you to adjust your height. My only annoyance with their kit is the fact their coil-over sleeves where not notched and required modification to ensure you could adjust them past the point of spring pre-load (They may have altered the design). This required me to create a notch in the sleeve to recess for the strut/spindle tabs in order to keep them from rotating. It’s not hard, but a factory notch in sleeves for other coil over strut kits I've used. The ride will depend on your intent with the car and the spring weight you purchase. The k-member shaves a bit of weight of the nose, but many move the centerline of the wheel forward. I believe it is in attempt to extend the wheel base, but others can better answer the question. I had to purchase a-arms that moved mine to factory center line due to the off-set. I'm only running bullets with a low profile tire up front, so be aware of the manufacturer's specifications when ordering. Honestly, depending on your goals, the money may be better spent on the engine.

They are notched now, great for weight savings, same centerline as stock, a arms available with spring perches if needed. The coil overs will allow you to adjust the front height...

Ive used the UPR K-member for years with no issues, street and race cars. IF you need one I'm a UPR dealer and can give you a deal

They are notched now, great for weight savings, same centerline as stock, a arms available with spring perches if needed. The coil overs will allow you to adjust the front height...

Ive used the UPR K-member for years with no issues, street and race cars. IF you need one I'm a UPR dealer and can give you a deal

Wait, so UPR now sells their K-member kits with a non-coil over option? I can actually utilze my original shock and spring set up? That'll sell more units I bet.

Brian I can put the kit together anyway you want it...

Nick, you do need to run aftermarket a arms with the UPR k member

Thanks Rick. That's good to know. I might have to reconsider a tubular K-member for my ride this spring or fall. I was always under the impression that you HAD to choose the coil over option with the UPR K-members....which quite frankly isn't my cup of tea.

It's too bad you couldn't reuse your stock A-Arms too.

go coilover and never look back!

Nope, sorry. Just dropped $700 on Tokico Blue's, new springs and isolators last fall. Don't like the jarring my teeth loose, banging feel of every bump on the road being transfered through my car and certainly don't want to hear every squeak in the front end that coil over kits provide along with it. These Fox's make enough noise. The roads in my city are some of the worst around and I don't like the idea of all of the front end stress being hammered into my strut towers directly on a daily basis.

I would only consider going tubular for the purposes of header clearance and weight savings.

if your volvo was anything like my S70 you wouldnt hear anything inside of it anyway... i loved that car till the timing belt came off.

Nope, sorry. Just dropped $700 on Tokico Blue's, new springs and isolators last fall. Don't like the jarring my teeth loose, banging feel of every bump on the road being transfered through my car and certainly don't want to hear every squeak in the front end that coil over kits provide along with it. These Fox's make enough noise. The roads in my city are some of the worst around and I don't like the idea of all of the front end stress being hammered into my strut towers directly on a daily basis.

CREVSS.jpg

Attachments

• CREVSS.jpg
    CREVSS.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 89
  • CREVSS.jpg
    CREVSS.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 88