Again hi

Jimmer009

Jan 4, 2022
Ny
Hi, I had to redo my log in with h is weird. But as I was paying attention to FB I really don't mind. I have a 91 mustang gt hatchback. I had an 87 in highschool and loved it for 5 years till I crashed it. 20+ years later I find 91 that is the same white and red I had.

So now over 40 I actually know quite a lot about motors. I've worked in a machine/race shop and plane to make a street warrior out this car (I know nothing new) I already have a set of speedmaster 190cc 2.02 vavles Harland sharp roller rockers hardened push rods. I'm hopefully buying a x303 cam this Friday. I also got megasquirt for a ecu and 42# injectors. And hood pins

Attachments

• IMG_20210309_135903105.jpg
    IMG_20210309_135903105.jpg
    369.1 KB · Views: 29
Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

I actually made a new account with all the same info. So I'll stick with this one but thanks. Here's the hood pins.

Attachments

• IMG_20220104_202353787.jpg
    IMG_20220104_202353787.jpg
    347.6 KB · Views: 21
  • Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 1 user
So maybe I can ask a dumb question. I did Google it and it just seems to not get answered. Or maybe I don't like the answer and just want them to work.

My wife got me reto fit link bar lifters for Xmas. Will they work in my 91 roller block???

Right on I do need lifters as I'm trying to get a new cam. I want to replace them together. But if I was to use them. I couldn't use my dog bones or spider bar. They are link bar lifters. But I wouldn't need them as the tie bars keep them in check right??

Right, but again a needless upgrade, and in some cases you have to remove the heads to install or remove.
Also they have more parts to fail (link bar and pins) the stock style roller lifter are very durable.
The link bar roller lifters are mostly used for retro fit on non roller blocks.

Ok I was under the assumption link bars were better. They don't lift like the dog bones. And won't let the lifter spin. Witch probably will never effect me I'm looking into a x cam or a f cam. So I'm sure I won't be pushing anything to far. And I don't have to remove the head. Just the intake manifold. Thanks for responding