Again?! I can't believe it!

87LX2.3

Apr 23, 2009
Central Iowa
Hey,
You guys will never guess what just happened today. My Mustang won't start again. I got it running last week, but the battery kept draining on me (again). I got the idea that maybe the alternator was the problem. Yesterday, I took the alternator off, and today I had it tested. It's fine. So, I put it back on. When I went to start it, it cranks over great, but won't fire. I checked all the plugs, wires, vaccum lines, ect. and nothing helped. I'm begining to wonder if buying a $300 Mustang was such a good investment, or do the 2.3L engines have a problem with reliability? I always thought they were good engines, just not very powerful. Any ideas on my no start problem would be appriciated. Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

WELL

start over again with the same

check for spark

check for fuel

check your timing

sounds to me like you have electrical problems maybe try a new tfi( rectangle on side of distribtor) and the pickup in the distribtor. those are themain thigs i have problems with on mine

I had them same problem. Turns out it was the alternator. It may check out fine but its bad. Get a test light and see if you have a drain on the system, then unplug the alternator. If the light goes off then you found your problem. The tester is like 6 bucks this is what it looks like. Hook it up between your negative terminal and cable.

53383.jpg