AGR Power steering rack HELP!

89stang1

Stroked and Juiced
10 Year Member
Nov 5, 2008
nj
Just ordered AGR part# 732581 got tired of my leaky rack. My whole steering system works fine all parts no more than 6 years old, with new Flaming River steering shaft. Now this is my questions there are 2 very similiar racks sold by AGR part#732581 which i bought and part#712581 that are both listed for my year car, does anybody know the difference?. Next question i ordered 732581 rack only i know i need and alignment after can anybody give me and idea what i might need also?

• Sponsors (?)

I think there is a 20:1 and a 15:1 rack.
I think i got the 15:1.
While it takes a bit of getting used to, i wouldn't have it any other way.
The rack moves so quick and effortlessly the first few days of driving were a bit nerve racking.

Edit: Just looked on summit, appears they both are 15:1 quick ratio, but one says it has firm valving.
Just call agr directly and ask them, i know way back when i got mine they answered all my questions.

I think there is a 20:1 and a 15:1 rack.
I think i got the 15:1.
While it takes a bit of getting used to, i wouldn't have it any other way.
The rack moves so quick and effortlessly the first few days of driving were a bit nerve racking

i have remanufactured stock 15:1 now which leaks i like the feel....i think both AGR are 15:1 ratio, somebody pointed out one is chromed aluminum and the other is aluminum which i missed and the valving might be different. If i just have a leaky rack but steering system works great is it possible all i need is new rack and alignment?

i have remanufactured stock 15:1 now which leaks i like the feel....i think both AGR are 15:1 ratio, somebody pointed out one is chromed aluminum and the other is aluminum which i missed and the valving might be different. If i just have a leaky rack but steering system works great is it possible all i need is new rack and alignment?

Probably, BUT you have to be careful not to let old fluid contaminate the new rack.
When i did mine, i replaced everything. The pump, hoses and the rack.
Can't say for sure that my pump was bad, but i figured what the hell.

I think you are going to have to call them, i checked their site and they have a 20:1 listed for a mustang too.

Probably, BUT you have to be careful not to let old fluid contaminate the new rack.
When i did mine, i replaced everything. The pump, hoses and the rack.
Can't say for sure that my pump was bad, but i figured what the hell.

I think you are going to have to call them, i checked their site and they have a 20:1 listed for a mustang too.

Thanks for info:nice: