AHAHAHA ITS ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (TT stang)

• Sponsors (?)

Wow, how'd I miss this thread????

You werent kidding when you said custom! I've never seen anything like that! :eek:

I'm curious to see the final #s as well. I think it will be something along the lines of 414rwhp/431rwtq. :)

Oh, someone asked how much...WELLLLLLL

I going on my last figure, which I think didnt include the hood. I have about 6000-6500 in PARTS in what we just did. But thats EVERYTHING....hood, paint, clutch, flywheel, injectors, MAF, fuel pump, $500 boost controler, fuel pressure gauge, and all turbo parts. It adds up FAST :eek: .

Why couldn't you reclock the turbos and have them point down? Looks good and better than I could do.

Well originally we had planned on running the cold side down and coming into the IC from the sides. But when I received the IC...with the connections coming from the side it was 28 inches wide (and you can see how tall it is)...and only have 27 inches of clearance lol. So we cut off the side connections and cut holes in the top of the IC and took it over to our Tig welder. He selaed up the side holes and welder our male connections to the top of the IC. Durring that process we decided that the only way it would work is if we came directly over the top and down. And since it

A. kept the cold side pipe away from the hot side
B. Shortened the distance for the air to reach the IC
C. I had NEVER seen this done before

We desided to go for it :D

Ok guys, went down to the place where I weighed the car last time (certified truck scale BTW..so its accurate), before we started the TT build....first time fuel gauge was showing full, this time I had a 1/2 tank.

Before it weighed 3250#s...thats FULL weight (spare an all...nothing removed).

This time @ FULL weight (spare and all...nothing removed) it weighed

101_0032.jpg

Thats right 3320#s :banana: . Then add in the gas that I had extra last time (between 5-6 gallons I think) it would have weighed about 3350. So for a total gain of only about 100#s :D .

And yes, full interior, full trunk trim...no rear seat delete or anything like that either. Im actually kindof suprised that its this light. About 350+#s lighter than a stock 03-04 cobra for example. :nice:

Attachments

• 101_0032.jpg
    101_0032.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 74
And yes, full interior, full trunk trim...no rear seat delete or anything like that either. Im actually kindof suprised that its this light. About 350+#s lighter than a stock 03-04 cobra for example. :nice:
Yeah, those vehicle scales are good for an approximate weight. They're accurate to about +/- 20lbs. As far as the weight difference between the '03-'04 Cobra and your car is concerned, the blower, manifold, intercooler, heat exchanger and additional antifreeze have to be pretty close to the same weight as your TT kit. My Allen weighed a hare over 80lbs and it came with a smaller M90 blower, intercooler brick and reservoir than the Cobra did. Also, don't forget the Cobra is running around with a much heavier IRS rear suspension, T56 Transmission and 13" brakes. Not to mention the fully dressed DOHC iron block is a hell of a lot heavier than the SOHC engine.

Exactly...I was just using them as an example :D . They have alot of other weight added by SVT. A stock GT weighs around 3350#s, so maybe that would be a better comparison. My car weighs what a stock GT does :rlaugh: .

T56 tranny though shows to actually be the same weight/within a few pounds of the T-3650 in my car, according to TTC. Its not much of a difference at all.

Steve, it has the required for this build PA racing tubular K member and A arms, and coilovers (purchased over a year ago because I was installing LTs and was going to pull the stock K anyways) , removed 10# dog bone under rearend (useless with aftermarket gears), no cats, aluminum flywheel, and much lighter 00R hood. But I have heavy DD bullitt rear rims which add like 20#s. :nice:

Hmm, that makes me think... I wonder how much my 13" rotors are hurting me since its rotational mass and all. I just know that they were HEAVY compared to my stock rotors when i first opened the package and picked them up.

Sorry to go OT, but do they make some Welds to fit 13" cobra brakes without grinding, spacers, and such? Any clue Cody?

Man Mike, unfortunatly I dont think so. Iv heard of bogarts (sp) being the only 15s to clear the 05+ front breaks...but I dont think they have 13 inch rotors...could be wrong though. From everything else I have seen, most 16s wont even clear 13 inch rotors :( . But hey, your car will kill most in the stopping department!

I dont think it will hurt much...heck throw a blower on that car and your going to need those breaks anyways. Not only that but you will never miss anything else :D
Did you feel any difference with acceleration after you put the breaks on?