Air bag blink. 1991 LX

91LX2.3

Jun 11, 2010
Hey, can anyone help me on this problem: some times when I turn on my Mustang, the airbag light flashes 6 times, pauses, blinks 6 times, pauses and does that over and over but sometimes it doesn't do it. For a while it didn't flash and I thought "hey maybe it was the computer trying to relern itself after i disconnected the battery":shrug: and left it at that then I recently changed a blown fuse that caused my horn not to work and started the car and the horn worked, but the airbag light was going at it again. Anyone outthere with any experence in this matter please help!

Oh yeah, its a 1991 mustang lx 2.3L

• Sponsors (?)

I am having a similar problem with my 92. That website is very helpful, thanks StangGT. Here are a few things that I have found that helped. The airbag control module is located behind the AC controls. It is a small teal box, I removed the AC controls, radio and center console to reach it. From what I have read there is a thermal fuse inside that might have gone bad and needs to be replaced. This can be done by soldering a new fuse in. I am going to try this and will keep you up to date.

Here is a link to a Ford Probe forum that a guy has replaced the fuse. It has very good pictures and steps showing replacement. http://www.ukpoc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=46185&start=0

Picture of Airbag control module location
48194d1216266885-1992-mustang-air-bag-error-code-help-dashmr7.jpg

Hope this helps

Dan