Air Bypass, Power Pipe

HGFireHazard

Apr 10, 2005
Michigan
Maybe I'm a little confused because I don't have the right pipe (they sent me a 0112C instead of the 0102C), but I'm a little lost on the instructions about the air bypass. What is the 2 1/2 feet of heater hose for, what the heck is a hump hose and what is that for, and where do I put this said air bypass hose and elbow (said to be included)? Do any of you have pictures? Also, I've been reading a lot about the PCV system and dealing with boost, what measures should I/need to take in order to keep my car in check with this new s-trim? Thanks guys.

• Sponsors (?)

If the bypass hose is what I am thinking it is, then you run that between your oil filler neck and the power pipe. There is a hookup on the stock valve cover's filler neck. Then it connects at the power pipe, preferrably shortly after the MAF. That tube allows airflow between the valvetrain and air intake. Not much air flows through that tube, but the car was designed to have this hookup. And you want it closed up to assure you are not getting unfiltered and unmetered air into the engine.

But since you have a SC, you might have a different configuration than I do.

The bypass is just a valve that is set up between the output and input of the blower. It is use to release excess air when the blower is spinning but the throttle plate is closed.

In this picture you can see where the 1 inch heater hose leads out of the PowerPipe.
new%20hoses.jpg

In this picture you can see where the 1 inch hose is coming out of the elbow between the blower and throttle body.
newhoses2.jpg

P.S. Dont hate on my rusty C/C plates..lol. These are old pics, I now have MM plates..