Air intake mod seen somewhere.

fost9508

Aug 28, 2004
Looking around on a website I found a "homemade" mod to get cool air into the engine. What the guy had done was tie onto the air filter ran inside the fender and down to the fog light where he terminated it with a screen to keep debris out. His aurgument for doing this was that you would be sort of ramming air into the engine and also be grabbing cool air from out side. What are peoples thoughts

Thanks,

• Sponsors (?)

Your stock airbox is already cold air (it's pulling air from outside the engine bay). If it's ram air you want then a home job is easy. You can run a dryer hose inside of your fenderwell (you'll need 2 clamps as well) down to the fog light opening --or-- you can get a scoop from some like March and mount that scoop below your airdam. Don't forget to toss your stock paper airfilter and put in a K&N. You can also get the whole Ram air kit from March. It includes a new airbox, K&N conical filter, the duct that rons from the new airbox to the ram scoop, the scoop itself, instructions and hardware, and one K&N filter charger kit. It's not a bad deal. Just remember to stop short of the burbs when parking or "rrrrrrrrrrrrrrip".

if you choose to go the homemade route, i would try to use ducting that does not absorb heat - or your cool air charge will become a bit warmer.

i personally think the stock set up is pretty good.

good luck.