Air intake

BlakeusMaximus

Still got to try a little lube on my speedo head
5 Year Member
Jul 12, 2017
So I think I’m going to go back to my stock air intake. I don’t like seeing a big ole chrome BBK intake anymore. I think my stock intake will look better anyways. I’ve heard/read that they really don’t do anything to help performance anyways. The outer part of my stock box has a hole in it. Do any of you guys have just the box that you would be willing to part with?
EC15B995-4D7E-4E1D-A68D-CDF03730DB6C.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

49B79EDE-E755-429D-9DA8-C3F169C00621.jpeg

This is a pic of it from my old rusted out 90 notch. I don’t have a pic of it in my currrent car. It’s all boxed up and on sell on Craig’s. They sell black ones, I might have been ok with that.

Last edited:
So I haven’t had a stock box on any of my mustangs since 1999. Do the stock boxes flow just as good as the aftermarket ones? I ordered a K&N filter for it. Thanks again karthief!

So I haven’t had a stock box on any of my mustangs since 1999. Do the stock boxes flow just as good as the aftermarket ones? I ordered a K&N filter for it. Thanks again karthief!

That's what I'm putting on mine, (I was fortunate it was in the trunk when I bought the car), the car had one of those chrome tubes BBK I think, at least the filter was in the wheel well and not in the engine compartment sucking hot air (never understood why people use those.

but seems to me with the K&n in the stock box it should flow just as much to me... I'm going to use a 70mm MAF from a 94-95 stang... and hook it to a 65mm Acufab TB.

Reactions: 1 user
I fit the stock box in last night and I think it looks way better too. I just got tired of looking at it for almost 20 years

That's what I'm putting on mine, (I was fortunate it was in the trunk when I bought the car), the car had one of those chrome tubes BBK I think, at least the filter was in the wheel well and not in the engine compartment sucking hot air (never understood why people use those.

but seems to me with the K&n in the stock box it should flow just as much to me... I'm going to use a 70mm MAF from a 94-95 stang... and hook it to a 65mm Acufab TB.

Stock intake manifold?

I've never ran one of those. I never for the life of me saw the point in putting a steel pipe in the place of what I had and thinking it was going to do anything. I've also never called it and "intake". lol