Airaid Throttle Body For Fox?

1989LXFOX

Jan 19, 2018
I was looking at this throttle body spacer for my stock (cold air intake) engine. MPN# 400-526. Its $131 bucks which isnt bad. Wanted to see if anyone had any opinions. I realize that I wont be able to tell the difference on the torque most likely, but I heard it gives a cool whistle sound!

• Sponsors (?)

Spend your money elsewhere, its not worth it unless you really want that whistling sound. What's all done to your car?

Reactions: 1 user
I personally wouldn't do it. It really wont benefit your car, Based on your avatar, I would get the windows tinted with the $130. Maybe others will chime in and give you their feedback

Last edited:
I had two locos tacos for lunch.. and so it begin
s
taco truck.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
I was looking at this throttle body spacer for my stock (cold air intake) engine. MPN# 400-526. Its $131 bucks which isnt bad. Wanted to see if anyone had any opinions. I realize that I wont be able to tell the difference on the torque most likely, but I heard it gives a cool whistle sound!

Honestly it will not yield you any advantages and is an item that never took off in the mustang community. I would look at the advise given in the thread about putting that money into a ford explorer upper/lower intake or tossing the money aside to use towards a ring and pinion gear swap on the rear end. I say that because that modification on a stock car will give you the most bang for the buck and have you feeling it's a different car performance wise.

He’s already got rear end gears. Explorer intake is on my list, I have the parts on the shelf in my garage, just haven’t installed em yet. Too cold in the garage. I said tint on the windows, 130 will get that done, it’ll change the look of the car for sure. Or, better yet, a set of subframe connectors!!

Some of these are nice:

c8b55e60-d2fe-4125-8178-65659c05c1d6_1.9790bc37bcdb41fb966acffc048bd5b8.jpe

You could put them on a chain and wear em for 'bling'. :nice:

Seriously, if you want to increase velocity at the port, your inlet tract needs to neck down from start to back, in small increments.

Reactions: 1 user
He’s already got rear end gears. Explorer intake is on my list, I have the parts on the shelf in my garage, just haven’t installed em yet. Too cold in the garage. I said tint on the windows, 130 will get that done, it’ll change the look of the car for sure. Or, better yet, a set of subframe connectors!!
Interestingly enough I already have a GT40 upper and lower (internal EGR) and its 65 mm throttle body. Good advice, I will point the money towards that!