Airaide modular venturi CAI

BOSS4.6L

Apr 10, 2005
Montana/Arizona
Hey I just got my airaide intake and was just wondering if anybody else has one? and also has anybody who owns one actually taken the modular venturi out and did a custom tune? and how much extra power did it produce? thanks

• Sponsors (?)

For some reasonthat CAI is not very popular on this forum, but I plan on buying one too. Try this post out over on 2005stang.com. A lot of guys on that forum have AIRAIDs and I remember a post covering exactly what you are asking. Do a search and see what ya find...

Also, I have to ask, do you like it? Can you tell a diff in performance?

I love it, its sounds sweet and I really havent played around yet to see how much of a difference it makes. But I think I will go on a cruise tomarrow and see if I can notice any difference.:nice: I'll post as soon as I get a chance.

I install Airraid's CAI on my '05 GT about 2 months ago. The install, fit, and finish is excellent. Airraid did a great job on the design. They are really known for the truck intakes, but this one is excellent.

I already had Bassani's X-Pipe and Axle-Back, so I knew I would need a custom tune. When I went to have it tuned, we couldn't get it to idle / run smoothly with the venturi removed. With a custom Predator tune, I made 305 HP and 331 lb-ft at the wheels (89 octane).

I wonder if Diablo's MAF kit would allow me to remove the venturi and have it re-tuned. Any ideas?