Electrical Airbags

• Sponsors (?)

I would imagine you could as long as you swapped over the airbag harness, sensors and blue box if you wanted a functioning airbag. Could always go aftermarket wheel instead

Reactions: 1 user
I'm confused a bit by the question. Swap the OEm fox airbag wheel for an SN95 airbag wheel? I have seen this done, and heard it's easiest on the 1993's.

Theoretically it does also keep the airbag functional, but there's really only one way to confirm this unfortunately.

Reactions: 1 user
Ah. Ok.

lots of 90-93 guys have swapped to the 87-89 tilt wheel and kept it functional so I assume the opposite is true. You will need to swap the column though as the 90-93 air bag column is shorter. You’ll need the clockspring as well.

cruise and horn will be easy to get working.

airbag is a different story as you are missing a lot of wires from the entire system.

It's actually a bit qwerky the airbag wheel I think. It obstructs the gauges a bit. You have to lean forward and raise your head to get a full view of the panel. Anyone else notice that? Knowing that, I can't see myself ever wanting to add an airbag wheel where one wasn't.

Seats might have something to do with it. In my 93 Convertible with the fake leather seats and airbag wheel I don’t have the problem. However it was different in the 92 LX with cloth seats. Solved that with a tilt column from an 89 and an aftermarket wheel.

27294DB4-DA64-45B6-B50B-AE04085435C1.jpeg