Albany New York

I'm in Schenectady and usually hang out by the Central Ave. McDonalds on Wednesday nights with the local Impala SS club. Sometimes I'd meet a few people at the Ice Cream shop on Rt. 155 in Guilderland, but that's not as popular anymore. Once the Bullitt gets back from the body shop, I wouldn't mind trying to meet somewhere local.

A real popular shop for gear swaps is Vince's Garage on Watervliet Ave. in Albany. 438.6775. G&M Auto Tech in Schenectady is a good all-around shop. They're on State St., not too far from Mohawk Commons. 382.9427

• Sponsors (?)

I'm up near Ballston Spa! I was just looking for something on the Albany area and found this post. Cool. Supposed to be nice Tonight and Saturday, I don't know if anything is happening, post if anyone knows. Also, anybody know if Memory Lane in Malta has started up yet on Thursdays. That usually nets about 70-120 cars and you get a free ice cream with pulling your car in.

roached1 said:
Hey Jim, I'm in your front yard! Charlton. See ya around.
Not familiar with Memory Lane, where is it in Malta?
I usualy get stuck working late on thusdays. It figures :rolleyes:

Yeah I see that, Charlton is close.
Memory Lane is about 1 mile north of Exit 12 on RT. 9. They have old cars mixed with the new. It is pretty good. That's too bad you have to work late on Thursdays, oh well it starts at 6 and gets over with just before it gets dark. They probably haven't started up yet, you know how things are up here, don't start until Memorial day weekend. Where do you usually hang, any other stangers?

Jim :spot:

hey 94gtny, what color is your stang? I'll have to keep an eye out for you.
Mohawk-Hudson SCCA is putting on an Autocross out at the Fulton-Montgomery Community College on Sunday is anyone is interested. I should be there as long as everything goes right this week. Registration starts at 7:45. I think its 20.00 for the day. Helmet is required. Should be a good time.
Hey Oldster, Saw Johns firebird all lettered up for onelap today. looks like it means business now.

Awww roached now I'm bummed. I'm going to Johnstown Sunday to see the parents and remove sasser.b virus from their computer. I'll drive right by the college and won't be able to stop and have some fun.

Talked to John on Tuesday. He had a blast. He did well for being his first year out as primary driver and having a sick clutch for the last few days. That car could make me want a GM.

I'm really torn on what suspension kit to get. I had the Tokico non-adjustable kit on my 94GT. I really liked it and the price was right. This time, I think I may want something alittle stiffer, but I'm cheap! I wish my car were black. I hate the white but have to live with some things.

Anyone know much about automatics? I have the TransGo kit and tranny cooler to install, but don't want to do it alone.

94gtny, trans cooler shouldn't be too hard, but I'm not too good with valve bodies. I know a couple of the other guys on here are techs.90whitepony is anyway.
I'm cheap too. :D Thats why I went with the FRPP C springs. I got the Cobra front struts and Mach1 Tokico rears through NewCountry ford. Dealer to dealer discount of course. Think I paid around 50 each foor the fronts and under 20 each for the rears. I'm happy with the stifness. Especially as a daily driver that I put 80-100 miles a day commuting back and forth to work. corners great compared to stock.
As far as wanting a Black car, I love it and hate it. My silver one always looks clean, but not the black one. Looks great while it is clean(normally 5-10 minutes) it looks like hell the rest of the time.
Hey oldster, Jeff from precision moved. He is now in Cliffs old shop just out side of scotia on rte 5 toward amsterdam. Just in case you still needed any body work done.