alignment shop ripping me off?? you tell me (POLL)

is the great ape raping me???

• yes, the man is keeping me down

Votes: 18 90.0%
  • no, pay the man

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
PoopDawg said:
We have a brand new John Bean. It seriously is 100 times better then any Hunter I've ever used.

as far as accuracy or ease of use? i dont think i ever got any literature on that brand... the hunter we have now makes that hofmann look like an abacus compared to a calculator.

• Sponsors (?)

John Bean is owned by Snap On, and it was ordered through out Snap On guy. Ease of use, accuracy... everything is better. Only thing that I don't like is that you have to make an adjustment and give it 2 seconds to read before it shows up.

The best part is there is no damn lights flashing from the machine, giving you seizures! lol

PoopDawg said:
hhahahahahahahaahah Camber is not included in MOST of your alignments. When was the last time you worked in a shop and did an alignment?

For you guys saying he's getting ripped off... You have to think of it this way... Most shops charge 75 per hour labor. That inner probably called for .8. The part probably cost them 30 bucks (depending on manufacturer), but they mark it up. Now if you people knew how a shop was run, you would know that the tech is probably getting 15-20% on the part, then the manager is getting 5-8%, then you have overhead. If you think they are screwing you, it's because YOU think they are because YOU can do your OWN work. Don't think you're gunna go to a shop to get an alignment done and expect them NOT to shake down your front end to make sure it is tight.

The extra hour is right on, I think. For one, to adjust the caster/camber, you have to sweep the caster, jack the vehicle up, center the wheel, make your adjustment, lower the vehicle, sweep the caster, jack it back up, center the wheel, make your adjustments...................... Do you ****in' work for free? I sure the hell don't. Next time I come into your work and demand something for free, don't be surprised cause that's what most of you are telling these mechanics and shops to do... Not charge you to where they come out on top and everyone makes money. It's a BUSINESS. If it's too expensive, go BUY YOURSELF SOME EXPERIANCE, TOOLS, AND A $60,000 ALIGNMENT MACHINE :)

maybe in all my ranting I lost you somewhere. I believe the major I was trying to make was the rack is almost brand new and yet they say the tie rod is bad..... and it could be a bad tie rod because I have bought new parts that were just junk.

No I don't expect them to work for free and I never said that. I think I did mention if the alignment did cost $100+ I was kewl with that but when I came it with a quote of $48 out the door for the alignment then all of a sudden my car starts to have all these problems..... maybe they thought I was wearing a skirt and my name was Lucy b/c they were sure treating me like a bytch....

I agree. And I also agree if you believe they are screwing you over, bring it to another shop for a second opinion. Also, if the inner went bad, and you bought it from a major parts chain store, you can go talk to them and they should warranty out the inner tie rod, as it is part of the rack when you bought it.