ALL 99's came with the PI motor, correct?

fiveoho

15 Year Member
Apr 28, 2005
TN
someone told me today that some of the 99s came with the PI motor and some with the non PI. is this true?

what visual feature from the motor differs from a PI and non PI?

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah every 4.6DOHC 99-04 except for the bullit has the oil cap on passenger side. Someone needs some modular pony class.(wouldnt that be sweet if they had a school for and only mustangs:drool:)

though this only applies to the Mustangs.

If they are talking about the 4.6 motor for Ford as a whole then yes some were PI and some were not.

maybe this was where the confusion was, although he plainly stated "not all 99 mustangs came with the PI motor, be careful" .

i didnt wanna argue with him. i was pretty certain he was wrong but didnt know for sure. now i see from what all you guys say, ALL 99 mustangs came with a PI motor.

maybe this was where the confusion was, although he plainly stated "not all 99 mustangs came with the PI motor, be careful" .

i didnt wanna argue with him. i was pretty certain he was wrong but didnt know for sure. now i see from what all you guys say, ALL 99 mustangs came with a PI motor.

If he doesn'e beleive you have him search the web. There is plenty of info out there that explains the changes made with the 99 and up GT's. Better yet, have him visit our page him. He'll learn all he needs to know about our cars. Pearl02.

The story that I got was that there was a fire in the ford plant that built the engines for the mustangs in 99. Whatever the cause there was a disruption in the engine supply, so they used the "truck motor" (windsor), which IMO was a better engine based on the fact that the one in my truck has 210K on it right now. In any case, I believe that it also has an 8 bolt crank, which can screw you up if you're ordering a clutch. There was also a difference in the number of valve cover (cam cover) bolts and on the front of the block two of the bracket bolts on the head were a different size than the romeos, (I forget bigger or smaller).
but I could be wrong..........