All at one time

gopens8729

Feb 17, 2010
OH
Hello all. This is my first post on here although I read the thread periodically to get ideas. I currently own my first Mustang which is a 2006 Auto Convertible Premium w/ Pony Package. I got it used in July of last year. It is all currently stock and am looking to do a couple of things to it while just sits in my garage and I watch the snow fly. Just to let everybody know, it is not a DD and is mostly used to go golfing or dinner on nice days with a mix of driving through towns with stop signs and 2 lane country highways in between the towns. As it is not driven everyday, I am not worried about gas milage as I only have to fill the tank once every three weeks right now. I am pretty sure at this point that I will have this car for a few years as we are buying my wife a new car and since this is the "toy" I will not be able to get anything else until her car is paid off. Following that I would like to have a little more jump off the stop signs and have a little more fun with throttle on the country highways.

The three mods I want to complete are: CAI, 4.10 gears, and exhaust. I know there are lots of threads about each one of these items individually, but I was wondering since I would like to do all three at the same time, if there is anything I should be looking for in particular for certain brands that go well together. Also, since I will want to get a tune as well, I know you can get some better pricing buying the tune as a package with the CAI or gears and was wondering if anybody knew if I would be able to specify everything I am doing so I can get one tune for all of the mods.

Thanks in advance for any input.

• Sponsors (?)

i would go with the "new take off " 8.8 gt rear with t-lock and 4.10. newtakeoffparts.com
pypes true duel with x-pipe for about $450
you can get a used C&L cai for about $100 (craigslist or ebay)
used diablosport tuner for about $200 (craigslist or ebay)

agree with longalan2.

The CAI is basically useless in my opinion. I saw no gain in HP so pretty much get something that looks shiny under the hood when you decide to pop it.

The new take off is a great idea but check some forums about the 4.10 choice. Although it adds to acceleration you might loose some top end speed. I have the 4.10 and love the acceleration but have lost some top end. Not a big deal for me but if you have them country roads you might get up to a higher constant speed then i do.

Tune will be nessasary with the gear change because your speedo will be off by about 20 MPH unless wherever you get them installed will adjust it as part of the install.

Only thing against longalan2 would be buying a used tuner. most are capped to a 5 VIN limit so you might buy a tuner that has exceeded 5 cars and it is somebody trying to get some easy money from you. buy new and save yourself the hassel.