All chevy show???

jhaynes578

Jul 3, 2006
Nebraska
Today i went to a local dealership were they were hosting an all chevy show. While i was there they blew up a ford tempo, they took all the oil and antifreeze out of it and tried to see how long it would run :mad: . We moust plan a counter offenive to take down a cavalier!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =) The reason i was there was to see a friend that entered his car in it.

• Sponsors (?)

Kilgore Trout said:
But how long did it run? Would have been funny if it took a really long time to fail...

Yeah seriously, as in long enough that they got tired of it still running.

Were they all sporting greased up mullets? Sounds like that kind of show.

All Chevy show = fine. All Chevy show blowing up Fords = Their way of expressing jealousy...:D

We have all Ford shows, and Fast Ford Weekends, but we dont go blowing up Chevys...

Let's make a z06 kit car out of a Fiero, and blow the hell out of that, so the Chebby monkies are like :eek:

There was a corvette show near me a few days ago, actually. I was driving along all peacefully, when lke 7000hp worth of car drove by me all at once. It freaked me out!

Shiroelex said:
Let's make a z06 kit car out of a Fiero, and blow the hell out of that, so the Chebby monkies are like :eek:

There was a corvette show near me a few days ago, actually. I was driving along all peacefully, when lke 7000hp worth of car drove by me all at once. It freaked me out!

F&Y body week is coming up soon in my city. Think of how ill feel with a festival of Chevy's singling out us Ford guys.

must have been at H&H. :) i missed the show. i also know some people that were in the show. one was on the news this morning before the show started.

jhaynes578 said:
then tempo ran fo like 4 min. it also wasnt in the best condition it took them a while to start it and keep it runnin. i counted 1 regular mullet and one "super" mullet as i like to call it

:lol:

Kinda like Billy Ray Cyrus meets Joe Dirt, cept maybe slicked back with some gear oil...?

Shiroelex said:

dont blow up a fiero... i happen to like them :(

but honestly... where did they find a running tempo?

I've been to a few Ford events where they pick on or abuse a Chevy or Dodge,

Our Ford Weekend at the local 1.4 the other week had a top fuel Stang vs another fairly quick Chevy... but it was obvious what was supposed to happen.

I've been to events where they blow up Chevelles, Hemis, and Rice.

I think its a waste to blow up another make of car just because you feel your brand is above theirs. I dont care if its a riced Honda at a Mustang meet, its still stupid.

myponyrocks said:
I've been to events where they blow up Chevelles, Hemis, and Rice.

:nonono:

I dont get why though, it doesnt really prove anything. Woop de do, you destroyed a car that was better than your own in a certain period of time.

Each of those has potential... even the rice. It can be de-riced and turned into a sick little sleeper.

A Ford Tempo?! Jeeze...Ford moved past those more than 10 years ago. I don't think you can even find them at used car lots anymore...

Contrast this with the even more ancient Chevy Cavalier, which was finally put to death only last year (and I'm sure plentiful on the dealer's lots) :rolleyes:

Aaaaa... let the good ole' boys have their fun. As long as they didn't steal it from some poor secretary. It was probably the post show to showing some WFC Pro Wrestling... :rlaugh:

We don't have to do that **** to have fun at our shows. We know what fun is.

But I do remember once recently (about 2 or 3 years ago) at either the Detroit Auto Show or the L.A. Auto Show, Ford put an '05 Mustang just outside of GM's display area in the breezeway so anyone coming in or going out got a look at our new muscle. :D