all fox body parts will work with any year right?

• Sponsors (?)

so the spoiler should fit no problem? and with some mods the taillights will fit? what mods will it take? what do you think about that look on 89 gt? anyone done this or have pics of it?

yes. These are fiberglass pieces I believe, so they may need some tlc before installation. Mine had chipped corners. I'm not sure about a late-fox gt. the early tail lights and spoiler are much more angular than the bumper cover on the 87-93 GT. I do like the early pieces, but I'd have to see them on a later model.

The spoiler was on Mustangs from '79 (Pace Car only that year) through early '84 and Capris from '80 through '82.

The taillights were on Mustangs from '79 through '82.

Not only will you have to drill holes in your taillight panel to accomodate different configuration for some mounting studs and sockets, you will also have modify the lamp circuits.

'79-'82 park/stop = two bulbs (one shared w/ turn)
'83-'93 park/stop = one bulb

'79-'82 turn = one bulb (shared w/ park/stop)
'83-'93 turn = one bulb

I think the spoiler would look good with the horizontal indents filled.

ducktail.jpg

Switching tail lights from 79-82 cars to 83-93 cars or vise-versa requires a lot of modification. A lot of metal on the tail panel needs to be cut, added, welded. It was a PITA. It would have been easier for me to change the whole tail panel.

This is an 81 notch and what I did to make it accept 83-93 tails. Didn't try and make it look all pretty because it's covered, but I got it right and they did fit. You need a tight seal, so they won't leak.

DSC04002.jpg

DSC04070.jpg

DSC04541.jpg

that does look good. is that your car? i like what i see from the car infront of it also. got any pics of that car? and of course any other pics of this spoiler would be awesome if anyone else would like to share em!

No, it's not my car. A member here found this pic for me when I was thinking about using this spoiler. I decided to keep my stock LX spoiler.

damn i didnt realize it was going to be that difficult. i figured i would have to modify the wiring and tail housing, but didnt think i would have to cut on the car. ohh well it was a good idea. i was just wanting something different then lx and cheese grater tails, and of course cobra. thanks for the info though.

Switching tail lights from 79-82 cars to 83-93 cars or vise-versa requires a lot of modification. A lot of metal on the tail panel needs to be cut, added, welded. It was a PITA. It would have been easier for me to change the whole tail panel.

This is an 81 notch and what I did to make it accept 83-93 tails. Didn't try and make it look all pretty because it's covered, but I got it right and they did fit. You need a tight seal, so they won't leak.

DSC04002.jpg

DSC04070.jpg

DSC04541.jpg