All I got for Christmas was..............

Dan P.

Founding Member
Apr 26, 2002
N.C.
A crashed stang :(

314319_231_full.jpg

314319_234_full.jpg

314319_233_full.jpg

314319_232_full.jpg

I was on my way home the Friday before Christmas and made it two hours in the rain just ten miles away from my house. I was going to change lanes and then the car just kept going straight, I tried to turn out of the slide but there was no hope I was heading off the road. I hit an embankment and then turned parallel to the road then hit a right lane ends sign. The sign spun me 180 degrees and then I came to a stop. When I crashed it was not raining but after I got out of my car it started to poor. I was soaked all the way to my boxers in the cold on the side of the road. My family showed up and I had some towels in my car so I was able to dry off some what. That’s when the highway patrol showed up and wrote me a ticket for exceeding a safe speed and damage to the sign. :bang: If I didn’t have enough to worry about. But I made it out okay. You can see the damage in the pictures. The passenger side tire took most of the damage so that prevented the frame from being damaged. The drives side fender has been bent back at the bottom in front of the tire. The passenger side is toast and the bumper cover needs to be replaced. So I am going to need parts and paint. I think there is damage to the spindle so I think this might be a good time to swap in my 5.0 brakes.

Dan

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah I think that’s the reason I ran off the road. I am going to get new rims and tires to replace the ponys. About the ticket I had said in the report that I was doing the speed limit, that is how they knew I was “exceeding a safe speed." I will have to get a lawyer to handle all this stuff for me since the place is two hours away and I am stuck at school.

Dan

It hurts to see the damage, expecially on a bimini blue :( ( I used to have one too). Your making me glad I went ahead and got new tires about a month ago. I can tell there is more traction, tires don't slide as easy.

I have no doubt you will get her all fixed up.

Thanks for the kind words guys. So if you would like to contribute to the "Dan needs new parts fund" feel free. I accept cash, check, spare parts and money orders.:D I hope to have her back and better than before with the 5.0 spindles, calipers slotted rotors, Hawk pads and Maximum Motor Sports stainless steel brake lines. Also a new set of pony rims and some good tires that will last more than two years. ( I hope).

Dan

I'm in texas. the last time I looked at it it was in good shape. I don't have any pics, but I can take some. the cover is black and an lx. I also have a rear bumper cover. just call me.