Allied Nationwide Insurance

7991LXnSHO

wanna catch the space herp
10 Year Member
Sep 1, 2010
Kearney, NE
Something new to help!
I have a home & auto bundle with Nationwide (an Allied Company). I have stated value on my Mustang and two older cars. Allied was going to force all classic car business to Hagerty, another Allied subsidiary. I read carefully, and that would have limited the two oldest, if not all three to parade/Sunday drive/maybe to the repair shop status drives! I called the agent and said, I am not going to regularly leave these outside of a school or my work. But if I am going to spend the money and time, I want to drive then where and when I want to and I prefer to be in the band st parades now. Switch our whole policy to another company if needed! I want to drive.

No switch was needed. Since we also have my wife's car and I have something newer for icy days, the agent declared them EXCESS vehicles with stated values on the policy. (5 vehicles for two drivers is excessive? Who knew?) And our rate went down a bit. It is not like any one vehicle gets a lot of miles, but I can drive to Walmart, get the kids or cruise on Tuesday.

Reactions: 2 users
  • Sponsors (?)

I just got done buying agreed value policies. I had issues since I track my car 3 or 4 times a year. I ended up with American modern with an agreed value of 12500 for about $500 a year. Alot higher than I like, but I will shop it around this year. I may check with Allstate and see if they offer something similar.

Joe