almost done,,,,,,,

:rolleyes: well, except for the whole engine compartment.............

finally got my dash and gauges finished today, and buttoned up the interior....alway something more to do, but all of the hard work is complete...

IMG_0820.jpg

IMG_1914.jpg

compass1.jpg

IMG_1920.jpg

i took the sppeedo apart for a reset.......:nono:

IMG_1916.jpg

the day i bought er...........august, 2000......

driverstopdown.jpg

ratted with 12 cans of cheap spray paint ............some time around 2005...

blackpaint.jpg

10 years later........

IMG_0823.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

thanks...........

believe it or not, the wheels are original factory............rumor has it that so many people were stopping off for slots on the way home from the dealership,,,,,,,, that ford decided to offer them instead of the magnums..........:nice:

and the paint is from 1999 mustangs......... Bright Atlantic Blue

thought i should keep it in the family........

the seats.......

i really wanted a shoulder strap, i just feel more secure............

so, i looked at every convertible that i found to see how they did their shoulder belts.......most went across your shoulder and then into the side of the car,

but the sebring, had it built right into the seat.......so i bought a pair out of junk yard,,, thinking, how hard can it bee bo fit these in???

well..... i love them, all power........:D

floorinprogress2.jpg

seatinprocess.jpg

seatwmotor.jpg

stanginterior5.jpg

i wish i would have better documented the actual seat retrofit but i have some pics of the floor itself

it was a challange,,,,first BIG issue.....the seat belts are only extendable when 12 volts is applied to a built in solinoid,,,,,

i didn't know this, assuming that they had an inertia wheel that was busted during the wreck ( i got all the blood stains out)

so, i special ordered 2 new seat belt assemblies from chyrsler at like $200 a pop........no returns

and these didn't extend either, then i figured out that applying 12v to the connector tripped the solinoid......so, i get curious as to what makes them lock on the event of a crash...

you cannot imagine how hard it was to get someone at crysler to tell me how they worked.....no one wanted the liability of telling me how their seat belts opperated..

i finally talked to a sympathic guy in a service department, that understood that i was not trying to steal their technology.....:rolleyes:

the car has accelerometers that constantly measure the g-force that the car is seeing......in the event of a crash, the g-force heads toward infinity and the computer drops the 12v to the solinoid, thereby locking the seatbelt in their existing location.....

this was a little bit beyond my skill set, so i have a switch installed that i can use to toggle the 12v, ,,, when there is no voltage, it is like being in a three point harness,,,,,,,,,,

i am planning on installing a fuel pump impact sensor (they are used in electronic fuel pumps to drop voltage to the fuel pump which stops the flow of fuel in the event of a crash

step 2 was trying to fit them in and attach them...

the drivers side was power the passanger manual, but that didn't matter becasue it was pretty much impossible to use the existing mounts that were on the seats,,,,,

so , i bought after market 5way power modules that are more typically used in pick up trucks to mount custom seats......then i removed the moving mechanisms from the seats.,, and was able to find some places that i could drill and bolt on the new mounts.....

i had to remove the existing seats mounts from the floor and get a piece of metal bent and welded onto the floor deck so that i had a platform for the seat assemblies to bolt on to.....

this raised the seats a couple inches, so i had to install a tilt steering column in order to be able to get in and out of the car with ease......

the height adjust is worthless because of this,

tha tall being said.....we just drove 150 miles each way on a trip over the weekend and the seats are comfortable as all heck.....:nice:

sebrings black color was actually charcoal, and i had the rear seat redone to match the color and pattern of the the buckets......

if you didn't know any better the whole installation looks like it could have came from the factory...

good luck .....

floorboard_passangerbefore.jpg

floorrot3.jpg

newfloorpans1.jpg

newfloorpans2.jpg

newfrontseat1.jpg

newfrontseat2.jpg

newfrontseat3.jpg

PIC00002.jpg

PIC00003.jpg

PIC00004-1.jpg

PIC00005.jpg

PIC00006.jpg

seatinprocess-1.jpg

seatwmotor-1.jpg

stanginterior5-1.jpg

floorinprogress2-1.jpg

floorrot1.jpg

floorrot2.jpg

floorrot10.jpg

floorinprogress1.jpg

seat install

did you cut the floorpan seat box..brace to lower seats any further??
could you email me the info?? [email protected]..
were trying to find a way to allow full use of seats without cutting seat brace and damaging the rigidity after we have allready installed new full floors
thanks
kevin

i did remove the piece that was originally used to both the factory seats to, and then had a bracket bent and welded in so that there was something to mount my 5 way power adjuster to.....

i totally took apart the seats and removed the bottom end of both the drivers side (power) and passagers side (manual) and remember doing some hacksawing in order ot get the 5 way adjust to bolt onto the seats.

that was pretty much the hard part, once the adjuster was attached, i positioned the seats on the bracket i had welded in and line drilled holes thru that bracket and the floor.............the adjuster was flat on the bottom and had four studs protruding that went thru the welded in bracket

then from the under side i used a hole saw to make a big enough opening so that i could get a rachet thru floor and bolted the seats to bracket...... i had to use some fender washers as spacers to get the seats to be level in all directions, because the bracket was not welded in prefectly level.........

seeing as our cars are so different, i don't know what you will run into..........

good luck.......and keep us posted