Almost made it out of the garage

1hot87gt

5 Year Member
Mar 17, 2017
New York
Changed the engine oil, filter, supercharger oil and was ready to take her out for the first time this year and............noticed the inspection sticker expired last November when I put her up for the winter. So right back in the garage she went. I’ve got a couple of PBA cards because I have friends and family on the job so I probably could get away with it even if I got stopped, but it’s not worth it. And with all that’s going on right now with the virus crisis, I don’t even want to bring it anywhere to get the 5 minute safety inspection done. Sucks.

F515A3BD-D3BF-4C23-BC40-A747FC0A3F8B.jpeg

Reactions: 4 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Did your state shut down the DMV? Many states have extended the renewals on everything since they closed the DMV's due to this damn Rona... So in that case you would be fine...

You know what, I think you are right. DMV is closed. But does that still apply to vehicle inspections? I think local service stations may be open, but I live on Long Island and it’s pretty bad here right now. I don’t want to go near anyone or go anywhere I don’t absolutely have to.

YUP.

No state can enforce anything that regards to DMV until the local office is reopened.

License, Plates, Registration, Inspections, Transfers even TAXES......

But when they do re-open well your screwed and have to wait in the line because months of people will need to do the same thing.

Changed the engine oil, filter, supercharger oil and was ready to take her out for the first time this year and............noticed the inspection sticker expired last November when I put her up for the winter. So right back in the garage she went. I’ve got a couple of PBA cards because I have friends and family on the job so I probably could get away with it even if I got stopped, but it’s not worth it. And with all that’s going on right now with the virus crisis, I don’t even want to bring it anywhere to get the 5 minute safety inspection done. Sucks.

F515A3BD-D3BF-4C23-BC40-A747FC0A3F8B.jpeg

Yep, you shouldn't get any grief right now due to what going on. You car is one of my favorites @1hot87gt. Perfect.

Scratch that. Seems NY wants older, expired inspections made current

“We have had many questions about vehicle inspections and until now, we had to tell folks they must still get their cars inspected,” said Jastrzemski. “Now, thankfully, the state has changed that policy. Anyone with an inspection that was set to expire in March is now extended until further notice. Note, that if your inspection was already overdue, you must still bring it current.”

Scratch that. Seems NY wants older, expired inspections made current

“We have had many questions about vehicle inspections and until now, we had to tell folks they must still get their cars inspected,” said Jastrzemski. “Now, thankfully, the state has changed that policy. Anyone with an inspection that was set to expire in March is now extended until further notice. Note, that if your inspection was already overdue, you must still bring it current.”
hmmm well unless the inspection stations are open, there is no way you can do that... I'm in NJ and there all closed....

Btw, love those ROH wheels #BlakeusMaximus. Had a set of ROH Snyper 4 lugs back in the day. Still regret getting rid of them. Finish was getting funny on one so I brought it to one of those refinishing places and they completely F’d it up.

Btw, love those ROH wheels #BlakeusMaximus. Had a set of ROH Snyper 4 lugs back in the day. Still regret getting rid of them. Finish was getting funny on one so I brought it to one of those refinishing places and they completely F’d it up.
Thanks 87gt. I've kinda been on the fence with em. Some days I dig em, other days not so much. Right now its either those or my old pony wheels and Im sick of those.