Almost New 1987 Ford Mustang GT Convertible

• Sponsors (?)

I like convertibles. My favorites are 87 to 90 gt convertibles. Nothing like them. I actually still dislike coupes....unless they are done very well. All the GTs look better to me than the LX.

I own a coupe....but miss my 89 convertible GT every day.

Reactions: 1 users
We are talking convertibles. Preferably red, semi stock foxbodys . Here is one that I like , but given a choice I would rather have a hatch back with a louver on the rear window.

Attachments

• KIMG0175.JPG
    KIMG0175.JPG
    336 KB · Views: 54
  • KIMG0077.JPG
    KIMG0077.JPG
    637.1 KB · Views: 60
I never really wanted anything other than a convertible. As a kid, I sat in a new 87 or 88 GT in dark blue with a white interior when my Dad was shopping for a new Ranger. Took quite awhile but I finally got my 89 from its original owner last year and only 69k. It needs TLC and it sat for 10 years, so there’s issues. But I’m mostly enjoying my first project.

Different strokes though. I just want a 4 place drop top from my youth to enjoy on nice days and take the fam for a drive and ice cream. I’m keeping it stock and upgrading when I can.

I like convertibles. My favorites are 87 to 90 gt convertibles. Nothing like them. I actually still dislike coupes....unless they are done very well. All the GTs look better to me than the LX.

I own a coupe....but miss my 89 convertible GT every day.

I like the cleaner style of the LX convertibles, but I picked up my GT for a decent price, so I wasn’t going to be picky.

No worries, some nice person in a Convertible will stop to pick you up. Only nice people drive Convertibles. Serial killers drive vehicles w/o even a sunroof.
You’ll have to speak up, i can’t hear you over all of the road noise...and you’re wrong about me not being a nice guy, as a token of my mistaken nice guy status, and because i’m such i caring compassionate guy, i bought this for you.
1589993304654.jpeg

For the sunburn you get when you haven’t got sense enough to put the top up.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
I love both of my convertibles.

20160313_164605-3.jpg

20191114_112031.jpg

I would rather drive my convertibles than a boxy old car with a Jizz motor or whatever its called...but then again that car doesn't seem to drive much? To each their own I guess....

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
I used to hate convertibles too. I had an 87 LeBaron that was my daily for a while until I drove it through a heavy rainstorm and found that water was being forced between the top and the windshield spraying in my face if I went over 50. I rarely put the top down.

Fast forward a few years and I see a 90 7Up car on ebay. I put in a bid and lo and behold I now own another convertible. This time it's not my daily. I drive it when it's nice out or in the evenings. The kids love it and now I have to admit that if I have a hobby car, I want it to be a convertible.

You’ll have to speak up, i can’t hear you over all of the road noise...and you’re wrong about me not being a nice guy, as a token of my mistaken nice guy status, and because i’m such i caring compassionate guy, i bought this for you.
1589993304654.jpeg

For the sunburn you get when you haven’t got sense enough to put the top up.
You aren't wrong, I got a massive sunburn the first time I ever drove mine... there will probably be more to follow. Probably should keep a bottle of sunscreen in the car LMAO

I specifically wanted a convertible when I was looking for another fox body. 20+ yrs ago I had an 89 LX 4 cylinder auto car I converted to v8/5 speed. I also had an 83 convertible v6/auto I converted to 351W/5 speed.

I don't ride motorcycles anymore, so to me a convertible is the next best thing. Just my .02. When it's real hot out I leave it in the shop.:nice:

Reactions: 1 user
I used to hate convertibles too. I had an 87 LeBaron that was my daily for a while until I drove it through a heavy rainstorm and found that water was being forced between the top and the windshield spraying in my face if I went over 50. I rarely put the top down.

Fast forward a few years and I see a 90 7Up car on ebay. I put in a bid and lo and behold I now own another convertible. This time it's not my daily. I drive it when it's nice out or in the evenings. The kids love it and now I have to admit that if I have a hobby car, I want it to be a convertible.

Lol, it’s funny but the vehicle that touched off my search for a Fox was an 89 Lebaron LX convertible. Decent driver, but oil was leaking from every seal and had been for some time. The Chrysler forums said the V6 was decent unless it had been overheated or starved for oil. Couldn’t be sure that hadn’t happened, so it was a pass.

Flip lights and the digital dash nearly sold me. Looking like the Exxon Valdez underneath didn’t. Could have got it cheap enough, but I decided to spend the extra money and get the Fox I always wanted.

I’d daily a new convertible, not an older one.

Attachments

• 0D1679F2-28E2-4549-B6C1-297C4DC8EB22.jpeg
    0D1679F2-28E2-4549-B6C1-297C4DC8EB22.jpeg
    452.5 KB · Views: 62
  • A5FCB981-04AA-42DB-A85E-8A84CF5D33BB.jpeg
    A5FCB981-04AA-42DB-A85E-8A84CF5D33BB.jpeg
    227.2 KB · Views: 57
Reactions: 2 users