Alternative to Custom AutoJunk

rbonitz

Jun 25, 2003
I just bought a custom bezel with a Blaupunkt CD player for my '70 mustang - It's A nice alternative for those who don't want to cut their original bezel and beats the hell out of Custom AutoSound garbage.

Apparently the bezel is not sold seperately, but the Blaupunk is a pretty good unit...

Its a new item - I got it from CJ Pony Parts - but I'd guess it might be available elsewhere.

Ray

• Sponsors (?)

rbonitz said:
I just bought a custom bezel with a Blaupunkt CD player for my '70 mustang - It's A nice alternative for those who don't want to cut their original bezel and beats the hell out of Custom AutoSound garbage.

Apparently the bezel is not sold seperately, but the Blaupunk is a pretty good unit...

Its a new item - I got it from CJ Pony Parts - but I'd guess it might be available elsewhere.

Ray

Man that's great! I'm going to start looking for it today... :banana:

By the way, if anyone else is wondering what this unit looks like, I got CJ to send me a pic of one. It's the wood grain, not the black I wanted, but it's still pretty sweet looking. I may have to re-think the stock fitting Kenwood I just ordered now. Unfortunately this one doesn't have a tape player for all my old classic tapes though. Hmmmm, now I don't know what to do. :shrug:

109505_59_full.jpg

Pakrat said:
By the way, if anyone else is wondering what this unit looks like, I got CJ to send me a pic of one. It's the wood grain, not the black I wanted, but it's still pretty sweet looking. I may have to re-think the stock fitting Kenwood I just ordered now. Unfortunately this one doesn't have a tape player for all my old classic tapes though. Hmmmm, now I don't know what to do. :shrug:

109505_59_full.jpg

Buy more CDs, and paint the plastic black....easy fix...tapes were out anyway.

dodgestang said:
Buy more CDs, and paint the plastic black....easy fix...tapes were out anyway.

Well, thanks for the bright idea, but it's not always that simple. Many of the tapes were made for me from a dear friend who was a DJ. He passed away suddenly at the age of 34 several years ago and so they have a pretty sentimental value to them regardless of whether they are "out" or not. They simply can not be replaced by anything new and shiney. Besides, not so sure I'd want to paint such an expensive and new unit, I would just wait for the black one to be in stock.

Pakrat said:
...they have a pretty sentimental value to them regardless of whether they are "out" or not. They simply can not be replaced by anything new and shiney. Besides, not so sure I'd want to paint such an expensive and new unit, I would just wait for the black one to be in stock.

Sorry for the typo...I didn't 'out' as in out of fad...I meant wear out....as in quality dimishes....while they are still good quality you can convert the speicifc mixes to a CD rather easily ;)

As for painting a new peice.....this suggestion comes from someone that beat his hew expensive headers with a hammer to make them fit :rolleyes: so I have a history of thinking buying the new part is just the beginning :)

It's nice that they made the custom bezel, but from the picture it looks as if the deck sticks out a ways, is that just an illusion? rbonitz, do you have a picture of it in your dash? How far does it actually come out in front of the bezel?

RGS0907 said:
It's nice that they made the custom bezel, but from the picture it looks as if the deck sticks out a ways, is that just an illusion? rbonitz, do you have a picture of it in your dash? How far does it actually come out in front of the bezel?

Thats just the curse of the after market radio. Factory radios are always nice and smooth installed in the dash, after market radios are always designed to stickout about a 1/4 inch. No matter how trick they made the bezel, they are limited to the design of aftermarket din radios all of which have a lip to sit out from the dash a little...I don't know why, but they just are.