alternative to roush side exhaust

stingeragent

Oct 16, 2004
Lubbock, Tx
I'm wanting to get the full roush body kit for my 00 mustang gt. I want the side exhaust but I dont wanna spend 800+ dollars for the roush one since its basically just the mufflers, a couple pipes and exhaust tips. Could i go to a muffler shop and have them make me like 2 curved pipes to go from my exisiting mufflers and then just get the roush exhaust tips? Figure that would be a lot cheaper if its possible.

• Sponsors (?)

I think you will find that the tips are very expensive and hard to find.

Both Flomaster and Spintech offer a muffler that can be setup for side exhaust... they basically have the inlet and the outlet on the same side.

I think the Borla tips are very nice also. :nice:

I went through same direma.
Unfortunatly, You will almost NEVER find tips cheap on e-bay or anywhere. The last time I checked, I think both tips went around 230bucks each.

You can save some money by just buying pipes and tip, and get Spintech muffler (U'll want to do that anyway for the better sound). Or have totally custom sheet metal tips made. eitherway, if you want the true roush stuff, its gonna cost ya..

this is why Fully kitted Roush wannabe's are somewhat few and far between.
not many people are d umb enough to pay $800+ for exhaust that you know are losing power...

just custom fab some like i did w/ a gradual 90-100 (in a way it goes out a bit then comes back in) degree bend right after attaching a resonator/muffler to the mid pipe, then put what ever tips you wont on the end. Costed me like $280 - $320 or so
here's some ghetto diagram and old ass pic showing what i did:
picture045sg1.jpg
sidepipesxg6.png

ive got spintechs on my roush and the sound is incredible however if i didnt own a real roush i would just build a custom side exhaust like the others were saying.:nice: