Alternator Delete Pulley

No.11

10 Year Member
Oct 13, 2009
Los Angeles
I took out my 75 amp today in preparation for a 3G swap. when I finally had that alternator out I realized that it's one heavy son of a *****! so I started thinking man I could save a lot of weight by deleting the alternator, and probably get rid of some parasitic drag! does anyone make an alternator delete pulley as I do not want to go and purchase a shorter length serpentine belt.

maybe I'll also take off the washer fluid reservoir that I just put on, and NOT purchase the inner fender splash guards that the previous owner removed so I can save a pound here and half a pound there on my race car that runs high 13s. :mad:

• Sponsors (?)

parasitic draw will be very minimal. is this strictly a strip car or what? and id say a belt will be cheaper than a bracket and pulley and all that. i honestly cant tell if this thread is a joke...

The alternator delete has been one of my best mods. Shaved 10 pounds, plus less parasitic draw on the accessory setup. No negative side effects at all!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Run a carb, mechanical fuel pump and a Vertex magneto for the the ignition ($450 ebay special) and you can pitch the alternator. Shame on you if you drive it anyplace but the racetrack.... :(

only reason i didnt go the "you're stupid" route is because:

1. Its actually possible to do, just stupid in your case

2. The ideas on this forum scare me sometimes

hey Mike actually I thought I posted on here that you were the only one who got the joke. guess not...

at tx well it was more of a joke because of people who delete dumb things like splash guards on a car that doesnt have other more important and worthy modifications that will truly make it perform better. like the previous owner of my car.

The PO of my old fox did the whole smog delete procedure, but decided it was best to just leave the smog stuff hanging in there...luckily i still got the 50hp jump from bypassing the pump :banana:

hey Mike actually I thought I posted on here that you were the only one who got the joke. guess not...

at tx well it was more of a joke because of people who delete dumb things like splash guards on a car that doesnt have other more important and worthy modifications that will truly make it perform better. like the previous owner of my car.

Oh I understood it was a joke by the time I finished it-just initial reaction to the heavy remark...some peoples kids eh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just hadn't seen this post yet. While reading i was preparing my sarcastic response, but it's of no use now that it's a joke.

Please do remember, a guy here put a turbo in a box behind the drivers seat, once i saw that i realized that sometimes ridiculous ideas do become reality.