Alternator Upgrade

Getting ready to swap my stock alt. in my 89 GT. Got the 130/upgrade kit. Purchased from Late Mod. Resto. They had the best price for the complete package. Just wondering about the mod. to the bracket. I have a small angle grinder, but also have a sawzall hacksaw used in my plumbing. It is small and I have done some close surgery on different applications and feel more comfortable with that than the sparks a flying angle grinder. It looks like a small piece that needs to be removed and I have an assortment of metal blades. Anyone have any suggestions.

• Sponsors (?)

Just mock up the 3G alternator and where it hits the bracket, mark it with a marker. It should be a small triangle shaped piece. Either cut it out with whatever works best. I used a dremel and a few cut off wheels, and then smoothed it off. Takes about 5 minutes.

Clicky Clicky

MUSTANG 130 AMP ALTERNATOR INSTALL (87-93)

The factory 75 amp alternator used in the 1986-1993 Mustang 5.0L was, to put it mildly, undersized. Add on something as simple as underdrive pullies or an electric cooling fan and you've effectively killed the ability of the alternator to keep the battery charged. Luckily, turn-key solutions like our SVE 130 Amp Alternator Upgrade Kit exist to solve problems just like this. Watch the video for full instructions on how to install this kit on your Fox Mustang!