Aluminum driveshaft, long tube headers

Guys,

I tried serching but it was a mess.
I am looking to purchase some used parts and I need to know about fitment.
Will an aluminum driveshaft from 5 speed fox body fit an automatic SN?

Also
Will long tubes that were on a 5 speed fox body fit automatic SN
Here is a description.

MAC long tube headers. These headers are for 5 SPD MANUAL trans cars
These are the larger 1 3/4 primary tubes. Normal long tubes have 1 5/8 primary tubes.

Thanks for the help in advance.
Banger

• Sponsors (?)

The driveshaft will definately work. I don't know off the top of my head on the headers. You could call Mac though. I assume your car is an automatic.

Kurt

Thanks Kurt.
Really needed to know that driveshaft info.
There is a nice one available but it came out of a Fox 5 speed.
Just wanted to be sure. it would work with my car.

Yes sir I have an automatic. I had to choose between 5 speed or the drop top.
I chose the drop top :)
Figured I can put a 5 speed in later if I want which I dont in this car.
I called Mac last week. They showed me a nice system specific to the 94-95's.
I put a full Pypes exhaust system on last year, I like it but the more I read and the more I learn and the more I experience. I'm learning what I really want to do with the car and also learning my biggest weakness which is to be patient before pulling the trigger on parts. I'm going with Mac long tubes, Mac prochamber with my previous flowmaster catback 3 inch polished tips look mean.

I had two full MAC exhaust systems. Both sounded incredible and I do them again in heartbeat.

When it had a 302 Block.
1. MAC 1-5/8" Chrome Plated Long Tubes (turned purple), MAC 2.5" Prochamber, MAC 2.5" Cat Back with 2.5" Chrome tips.

When it had a 347 Block.
2. MAC 1-3/4" Ceramic Coated Long Tubes, MAC 3" Prochamber, MAC 3" Cat Back with 3" Chrome Tips.

Pictures of system #2.
headers.jpg

3inchprochamber.jpg

3catback.jpg

On the car.

MustangTailPipes.jpg

MustangRear.jpg

Video clip.
http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b187/jpjr50/?action=view&current=CIMG0446.mp4

I had two full MAC exhaust systems. Both sounded incredible and I do them again in heartbeat.

When it had a 302 Block.
1. MAC 1-5/8" Chrome Plated Long Tubes (turned purple) , MAC 2.5" Prochamber, MAC 2.5" Cat Back with 2.5" Chrome tips.

When it had a 347 Block.
2. MAC 1-3/4" Ceramic Coated Long Tubes, MAC 3" Prochamber, MAC 3" Cat Back with 3" Chrome Tips.
How did the Ceramic Coated Long Tubes hold up? Did the finish last, or did it flake off and rust? What about the Chrome? Did it also rust, or just turn purple?

I swore I'd never buy Mac again after the issues I had with the shorties on my last Mustang (the individual flanges moved around and leaked like crazy), but they Mac's are almost $100 cheaper than any of the others on the market. I did eventually get the headers to quit leaking with a set of good gaskets and some copper seal silicone. So I might consider trying them again? :shrug:

Those bbk ceramic coated headers I did on that Cobra have held up fine for 2 years now. I'm pretty sure with an automatic you need a set of headers with the O2 bungs on the outside like that.

Kurt

When it had a 302 Block.
1. MAC 1-5/8" Chrome Plated Long Tubes (turned purple), MAC 2.5" Prochamber, MAC 2.5" Cat Back with 2.5" Chrome tips.

When it had a 347 Block.

Pictures of system #2.
headers.jpg

3inchprochamber.jpg

3catback.jpg

On the car.

MustangTailPipes.jpg

MustangRear.jpg

Video clip.
http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b187/jpjr50/?action=view&current=CIMG0446.mp4

Vibe,

I told you once and ill tell you again. I luv that car and that exhaust system.
You definately had me thinking about the MAC exhaust long ago. I love the three inch tips. I have 3.5's on my Flowmaster catback set up. Looks like 2 cannon barrels sticking out. Luv it. I should have gotten the MAC rig when I bought the Pypes system. I already had a mint Mac prochamber but it came out of a fox. Looks the same as the one you have for the SN. I think it will work. Mac says no. I damn sure would like to compare otherwise Im going to sell mine and go with the one designed for the SN. The MAC long tubes and prochamber are going on very soon. As well as the aluminum driveshaft. Car is coming along nice.

EDIT NOTE. I just compared the pictures of the MAC prochambers (Fox & SN) and they are definately different. The hangers are welded differently. So I definately must sell mine and purchase the SN model. :bang: