Aluminum Driveshaft Question

• Sponsors (?)

Vellines said:
Who out there has done this mod and can you tell any difference in drivabilty? I'm sure that it can't hurt to have this as it should help prolong the life of the engine, and it's also lighter in general...

Regards,

Vellines

96 GT

it helps smooth out the drivetrain vibrations. i could tell a noticable difference on my 01 GT after installing the Ford racing aluminum d/s. at high RPM's the car is silky smooth......the alum. d/s is lighter and has less rotational mass.

I put mine on this weekend. I didnt think I had any vibration problems at all but after putting on the Aluminum dirveshaft, the car is much smoother. I love it and it is very easy to install. Did it in 30 min.

I had mine installed at the same time as my new clutch, I did not notice any change in performance, but I was getting used to the new clutch. Vibration might be a bit better, again its hard to say for sure.

Ike

Premium Speed said:
it helps smooth out the drivetrain vibrations. i could tell a noticable difference on my 01 GT after installing the Ford racing aluminum d/s. at high RPM's the car is silky smooth......the alum. d/s is lighter and has less rotational mass.

yup
lighter
more smooth
less rot weight
a few more hp

def a quality mod

Premium Speed said:
at high RPM's the car is silky smooth......

Hmmm, just noticed this. Technically it would only be at high RPM's in like 3rd gear or higher. The driveshaft only turns faster as the car goes faster. :nice:

(I know, I'm just being picky) :nice: