Aluminum driveshaft...worth the money?

deftsound

Please ask me how much my supercharger cost
Apr 6, 2004
Texas City TX
Are aluminum driveshafts really even worth the money? I know you save on a little weight but honestly can anyone give me a concrete reason why they are a good modification?

Serious logical opinions only please...

• Sponsors (?)

Yes, I would say they are worth it. Not only are you saving weight but you are saving on rotational mass. I noticed a difference as soon as I left Ford. Oh and they only charged $70 to have it installed if you don’t do it yourself.

Definately worth it. Reduced weight of the car, reduced mass being pushed by the engine. And once you are as far along in modding as you are, there is really not much out there you can do for so little money to get any kind of noticable gain.

Definately worth it. Reduced weight of the car, reduced mass being pushed by the engine. And once you are as far along in modding as you are, there is really not much out there you can do for so little money to get any kind of noticable gain.

yea i was thinking the same thing....just trying to justify the money spent for little or no gain

Like stated above...reducing mass and freeing up power is always worth it..
One of my favourite mods is synthetic fluid swap, - RP - engine, tranny, diff, shifter, alum. driveshaft...did it all at once, man, what a difference...

Maybe consider doing the same?