Aluminum Intake. Stock Style.

• Sponsors (?)

helty said:
hasnt that thing been in the R&D phase for a few years now? either way if they get it into production soon, whos going to be the guinnea pig for the rest of us? :shrug:

Dark Knight GT i think has been talking with Bob the owner for some time so maybe he'll be the official SN test rat. I have a buck to chip in for the fund :D

:shrug:....I think it's a waste of money for the most part. It's still based off of a stock casting, which has been proven to be more than capable enough to handle airflow needs for even the most extensive N/A bolt ons. Not only that, but even if the runners can be ported, it's made of cast aluminum, which doesn't have smooth and contoured finish like the plastic one it's based off of has. The turbulence it will create alone will be enough to set back most of the additional volume it might gain. I’ve got a feeling that if this intake is ever actually released; a lot of people are going to end up spending hundreds of dollars for the equivalent of 3-4hp and the ability to tell people the uniqueness of running an aluminum manifold on their hood. :notnice:

Gearbanger 101 said:
:shrug:....I think it's a waste of money for the most part. It's still based off of a stock casting, which has been proven to be more than capable enough to handle airflow needs for even the most extensive N/A bolt ons. Not only that, but even if the runners can be ported, it's made of cast aluminum, which doesn't have smooth and contoured finish like the plastic one it's based off of has. The turbulence it will create alone will be enough to set back most of the additional volume it might gain. I’ve got a feeling that if this intake is ever actually released; a lot of people are going to end up spending hundreds of dollars for the equivalent of 3-4hp and the ability to tell people the uniqueness of running an aluminum manifold on their hood. :notnice:
Yip, that's what I was thinking too!!