Aluminum radiator w/out trans cooler

65intex

Sep 16, 2006
Ft. Worth, Texas
Need some recommendations on aluminum radiators without transmission coolers. I have a great trans cooler that i installed a while back and now its time to upgrade the old radiator. I have searched the posts and saw Northern was popular as well as others. Looking for a direct fit replacement. Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

The direct fit replacements are a rip off. All the ones I have seen have been WAY over priced. I would recomend a universal and if you can't fab it up yourself have a shop install it. Even at 100 dollars for the 1 hour of labor it would take plus the cost of a Northern radiator should still be about 200 to 300 dollars less then a BeCool. All the direct fit radiators I've seen are over 500 bux.

summit radiators are northern radiators but its hard to find one with the in/out on the same side as early mustangs are, I bought a double pass northern which has the In/out on the same side the hardest part was trying to find hoses to fit, I had to go in the back of auto parts and look at all the hoses to find some that fit. as far as a trans cooler most universals dont have them.

There is a guy selling unbranded direct fit aluminum radiators (both manual or auto trans) on ebay for around $200. I bought one a 6 months ago and was pleasantly surprised when it arrived because it was actually a Northern.