Mach 1 Am I getting a good deal on this Mach?

95 yellow 5 0

Founding Member
Feb 16, 2002
CT
2004 Competition Orange Mach 1, 3700 Miles
originally they wanted $24,900... which is what Kbb says. I think I got them down in the 23k's. We're just working out the financing now.
14 months left on the factory warranty.
Think it's suspicious that the miles were so low for it to be traded in?
you think instead of breaking the car in, they just beat the F out of it?
Would i notice any problems by the time the warranty is over you think?
car fax is clean and they don't seem to be trying to hide anything. car is mint. didn't like orange at first but it's sorta growing on me. let me know your opinions.:nice:

• Sponsors (?)

No, I don't think it's suspicious. I bought my Mach with 9,000 miles already on it. If I would have bought it brand new, I would only have 6,000 miles on it right now. People might just be babying them because they think it's gonna be worth a ton of money in the future. I have another vehicle besides my Mach, so the DD gets the crappy miles. Their is still quite afew ultra low mile Mach's out there. If it was me, I think it's worth 23K. Others are gonna say, it's a ripoff and offer them 20K max. I paid 23K for mine with 9,000 on it. I may have overpaid a couple thousand, but I don't care. It's $7,000 less than I would have paid for the '03 Mach I originally ordered in Sept. '02. Comp Orange is a pretty cool color. Don't see it very much. I know of 1 in my area. Enjoy if you buy it. :nice:

alright, as long as you didn't think i was gettin ripped because i saw on mach 1 registry people where gettin them for $24k brand new. Now that it is mid-March, I have to expect a little higher of price. 03 cobra is still just out of reach ($28999 and up). So there's 85% chance I'm still getting this Mach 1. I'll be keeping it for a while then.

I asked this in other forums but seein if you guys know that my pro 5.0 shifter, bassani cat back, and/or X-pipe and aluminum driveshaft would all work on the mach 1?

The shifter won't work on the Mach. Two different transmissions. T-45 vs. TR-3650. The exhausts are broken down into '96-'98 and then '99-'04, so I'm thinking they won't work either. The driveshaft I have no clue.

Halfway through the 2001 model year Ford switched from the T-45 transmission to the TR-3650. This includes half of 2001 up to 2004 GT's and Mach 1's. The '03-'04 Cobra's got the T-56 6 speed transmission. So the Pro 5.0 you have won't work for an '03 GT either.

sure is. they're def jerkin me around. first the payments were 515 no co-signer, then 533, then i need a co-signer, then i need more down, then with a co-signer it's 575. i go, didnt you lower the price in the 23k's if that? Well the manager says we have to break even on the car. I'm like well if you check KBB it's only $24k retail which is where you talk them down from and it's orange!! He said they won't go down and told him to have fun trying to sell it and ask what happens when no one buys it. And he says, "it'd just go to an auction then". so instead of having a customer by lowering a car down 2500 dollars that would be fair they're being douche bags.

95 yellow 5 0 said:
they've been sitting on this car since dec 05.
no one is gonna buy it for 24900. i'm sure not. im goin to get my deposit and tell them 22k or give me my money back.
yeah, don't let the man stick it to you! :mad:

but really though, don't go overboard for a car. if you can't really afford it, it'll make you miserable later. so take your time :nice:

yeah looks like im just fixing whatever's wrong with my car (rod or lifter) and either selling it or if the heads have to come off to fix, get them ported and polished, maybe valve upgrade and put my gears in.