AM I INSANE?

02LaserRed2V said:
Well, an 05 GTO is a superier car to the stang, despite it's shortcomings on the exterior. It get better gas mileage (ANYTHING is better than my gas sucking auto), not to mention it takes only a few bolt ons to get it spanking blown Mustangs as well. Throw on some spray and the stang's only chance of touching it getting a built motor w/more boost = lots of $$$$
well lets put this into perspective,a 34,000 dollar car(GTO) is alot of money too, and than to mod a car with warranty is a no no,he'll have to wait 3 years for that to begin,if he wants a warranty anyway. My car cost me 21,600 bucks brand new, i didnt start modding it until the warranty was gone, now by adding the kb $5,000, and when i do forge the bottom end $6,000 estimated, build the rearend $275est 31sp axles, $450est detroit trutrac diff, good clutch $400est,flywheel $100est,add another $2000 for anything i missed or problems u might run into and in the end you can have(i'm hoping:) ) a powerful and dependable(for the most part) fast 500rwhp(or close to it) pump gas monster that wont get good gas mileage but will be a ton of fun, for an estimated cost of $35,825, call it 36 grand and its still great bang for your buck.:nice:

• Sponsors (?)

PonyboyIsaac said:
well lets put this into perspective,a 34,000 dollar car(GTO) is alot of money too, and than to mod a car with warranty is a no no,he'll have to wait 3 years for that to begin,if he wants a warranty anyway. My car cost me 21,600 bucks brand new, i didnt start modding it until the warranty was gone, now by adding the kb $5,000, and when i do forge the bottom end $6,000 estimated, build the rearend $275est 31sp axles, $450est detroit trutrac diff, good clutch $400est,flywheel $100est,add another $2000 for anything i missed or problems u might run into and in the end you can have(i'm hoping:) ) a powerful and dependable(for the most part) fast 500rwhp(or close to it) pump gas monster that wont get good gas mileage but will be a ton of fun, for an estimated cost of $35,825, call it 36 grand and its still great bang for your buck.:nice:

Sticker price doesn't always = price paid.
GTO stickered 34k, paid 28k brand new.
Mustang stickered 27k, paid 24k brand new.

Total investment going for way more speed and looks for Mustang (upgrading GT interior, but it still looks cheapy compared to the GTO) is nearly 40k. And I'm just barely faster than the stock GTO.

Total investment for GTO could be 30k (10k cheaper than the Mustang) with just adding a cam and Nitrous and it would totally destroy my GT Mustang the way it was, I'm sure.

:shrug:

I stay away from the $$$ to mod argument because it can be totally misleading, plus it's a tactic ricers like to use to justify their choice of modding the cars they drive. For example, you can buy a foxbody for less than 5K, dress it up with another 5K, and put 10K worth of mods to make it faster than an 03 Cobra for cheaper...but does that make it the better choice, especially for daily driving? I wouldn't think so.

02LaserRed2V said:
I stay away from the $$$ to mod argument because it can be totally misleading, plus it's a tactic ricers like to use to justify their choice of modding the cars they drive. For example, you can buy a foxbody for less than 5K, dress it up with another 5K, and put 10K worth of mods to make it faster than an 03 Cobra for cheaper...but does that make it the better choice, especially for daily driving? I wouldn't think so.

Reminds me of the old beat up Nissan Sentra-ish junk that had a turbo sticking through a hole in the hood and was spanking a SRT-10 truck.

If I did it (Mustang) again, I'd start with something like a '03-'04 Cobra and keep the mods light for a better daily driver. Or something like a N/A 425 HP Challenger...and might not even do a single mod to it.

02LaserRed2V said:
Well, an 05 GTO is a superier car to the stang, despite it's shortcomings on the exterior. It get better gas mileage (ANYTHING is better than my gas sucking auto), not to mention it takes only a few bolt ons to get it spanking blown Mustangs as well. Throw on some spray and the stang's only chance of touching it getting a built motor w/more boost = lots of $$$$

i get 23-24 mpg on the highway in my 5spd. GTO's weigh more, cost more. Im not a fan of them myself, i actually dont mind the looks but from what Ive seen their not all they are made out to be. Although i have to admit i did see a 05 with a shot of nos spank a fully modded ss camaro....

02LaserRed2V said:
ha i only brought up the mod argument because u brought up the argument that it would take alot of cash for a mustang gt to keep up with a sprayed gto, and in the end i showed you can have a faster car in the mustang, but this will be an eternal arguement because u can also mod the crap outa the gto and it will be damn powerful and fast too. I admire the power gto's come with from the factory and i love the interior, but i just dont like the car to much. No offense to gto owners.
Oh and slap in a mean cam in an ls2 in it will be killer but will it be a good choice for a daily driver?i wouldnt think so either:p