Am I just not careful, or these things really that flimsy?

02 281 GT

Agreed...My wife has great Boobs
15 Year Member
Feb 3, 2009
Cabot, AR
I bought a new set of repro Cobra headlights from LRS since the inspection guy said my headlights were too dim. I broke the top pivot stud on the passenger side lamp when I was installing them. I also broke the exact same piece on the same side headlamp when I installed the smoked lamps a few years back. Are the repro lights really that much more flimsy than stock, or do I just need to be more careful?

I decided to do a redneck fix and epoxy it back on. Waiting for it to setup. I'll finish the install this weekend, probably.
View attachment 141264

• Sponsors (?)

I bought a new set of repro Cobra headlights from LRS since the inspection guy said my headlights were too dim. I broke the top pivot stud on the passenger side lamp when I was installing them. I also broke the exact same piece on the same side headlamp when I installed the smoked lamps a few years back. Are the repro lights really that much more flimsy than stock, or do I just need to be more careful?

I decided to do a redneck fix and epoxy it back on. Waiting for it to setup. I'll finish the install this weekend, probably.

My headlights are only half installed because getting the old lights out was WAY harder than anyone described and I broke half the tabs when I did it. I need to order all new levelers and tabs now.

I was a little more careful with the driver side and that one went much more smoothly. It would probably be better to just order a new passenger side lamp.