American Muscle Disappoints

Mooose

Mar 27, 2016
i put axle back roush on my 16,awesome sound I love it,but I noticed some lite pitting or maybe a fault in the chrome dipping on one tip and a very small spot on the other,I tried a lite rub to remove but it is deffinetly some type of defect,either way should not be there when there brand new.i contacted roush via email they got right back to me saying to return them to who you purchased them from and they would be covered under there warranty,contacted American muscle let them know about the problem ,sent pictures along and was told i could get $35 credit or remove the entire exhaust and ship back to them,once they receive it they would ship a new kit.that leaves me without my new gt for a few days ,I felt they would at least take the tips back and ship new ones,good busines I would of thought,anybody have any ideas,I know once moisture starts getting into the pitting spots it's going to lift the rest of the chrome.ive done some busines with AM in the past didn't think they would give me those kind of options.advice?

• Sponsors (?)

I'm really not certain what you thought they might do. You informed them of a defective product you purchased from them. Generally you would return the entire unit if you wanted a replacement. The manufacturer isn't going to give them replacement cost for just a piece of it.

Reactions: 2 users
so you would remove the entire exhaust of your new car,be without your new car,because now theres no exhaust system,because of a simple defect?dont get me wrong I understand where your coming from I see your job title,i just feel if they were willing to send along new kit I would swap everything out recrate in that box and ship back,they were not willing to do that.

They're not going to risk sending you a free kit and just hope you return the first one. See if you can buy a second kit, and return the first kit for a refund once you you've swapped them.

I would remove the new exhaust, reinstall the stock one, and await the arrival of my new part.

It would cost me an hour-ish with each swap plus the time it takes to put tools away.

This is just a cat-back or are talking about more?

Sounds like just the axle back (just a couple of mufflers) to me.

I would have looked them over before install and caught the problem beforehand.

But that ship has already sailed.

I think American Muscle is being reasonable.

What they should do is send you the new exhaust along with a return shipping tag and give you 5-10 days to return the old exhaust. They can take your credit card info and if you do not return it withing that specified time period then they'll just charge your card. One company I ordered a cai from years ago sent me a defective piece. I emailed them and they got right back to me first thing that next business day. The owner personally inspected the new one (or so he said he did probably just to make me happy) and then sent it right out with a return shipping tag. They didn't even ask for my billing info. They just completely took my word that I would return the defective piece. Not every company will do that tho. If I were you, I'd take the $35 credit. At least they're trying to do right by you.