american muscle vs cruizin concepts wheels

Thetvirus

Jul 31, 2009
  • Sponsors (?)

I like the 255/40's better. They give the car a better stance due to the slightly lower profile. I am not sure if they are both the same wheels or who's are better. Why don't you call them and ask who makes them.

I would go with American muscle but thats me. I've never had any dealings with cruzin concepts but everytime with American muscle has been awesome. I know we all look for places to save money but after buying less than quality wheels before I now know why the better ones cost a bit more. I believe am's also come with some type of warranty for a yr or so too.

I sell wheels and tires, and I got my chrome cobra wheels from AM and they are some of the best quality aftermarket wheels I have seen, both the quality of the chrome and the trueness of the wheels. I would suggest them to anyone!

I can sell you black bullitts?

- 17x9 Black Bullitt wheels, full set 4 rims/tires. Dunlop SP Sport FM901. 245/45
- 2 New In Box, never mounted, 17x10.5 Deep Dish Black Bullitt's. Perfect for some Nitto 315/305s.

5949874969_2a71a96275_b.jpg

I'm willing to bet they are made by the exact same company, so they are most likely the same wheel. I think AM simply adds their own center caps to the wheels. I've heard good things about both websites, and they both carry the same standard manufacture's warranty on these rims from what I've read. You also have to factor in shipping charges with Cruizin' Concepts, which will add $150 to the price, or $1262.00 total. In the end, you are paying about the same 'cos AM has them right now for $1265. Ordering from CC will save you a big fat $3 ($2.99 to be exact, lol!). I just ordered a couple of rims from AM, and they came in quickly and look great. I picked up a set of 18x10 Saleen Hypercoated Rims from AM, and I'm going to pick up a set of 18x9 rims either next month or soon thereafter. AM no longer sells them, but CC does, I think. I ordered a set from CC, but they emailed me after I placed the order to say they won't have them in stock for another 3-4 weeks. I'm in no hurry to get the rims, so I just canceled the order for now.

As for tire sizes, I think the 40 will match up better with the rear 35 size. I don't know, but I don't think I'd like a 45 in the front and a 35 in the back. I'd probably have to look at a few pictures though to be sure.

So, long story short, pay the extra $2.99 and get them right away from American Muscle.

You could also check these out (direct from the manufacture): http://www.oewheelsllc.com/Wheels_3/Wheels-for-Mustang/Mustang_Wheels_Tires157

You could see what price they could give you with the Nitto Tires instead of Nexen's. As they sit with the Nexen's, it would be $965 shipped to your door. They might be able to beat the $1265 price with Nitto's. The warranty is the same as AM's: liftetime structure, one year on finish.

You could also check these out (direct from the manufacture): http://www.oewheelsllc.com/Wheels_3/Wheels-for-Mustang/Mustang_Wheels_Tires157

You could see what price they could give you with the Nitto Tires instead of Nexen's. As they sit with the Nexen's, it would be $965 shipped to your door. They might be able to beat the $1265 price with Nitto's. The warranty is the same as AM's: liftetime structure, one year on finish.

I deal with OE wheels at work...theyre a good company and even though their rims come from china we rarely see any defects or have complaints.. BUT check with them before you order because bullits for some reason get sold fast so if thwy dont have them in stock your waiting a week or to for them to make it from china to the US..

Also, check the boxes beforeyou the ups man leaves cause you may get one in the wrong color or bolt pattern

I bought my FR500's from this company and I was amazed at the quality in the wheels they shipped. The paint was applied perfectly and the clear was flawless. They also came with tires mounted and balanced, and there wasn't even the slightest nick/scratch on them. The Nexen tires weren't the greatest and I ended up replacing the rears because they looked stupid (265 35 18 on a 10" wide wheel looks terrible). But like Mr B said, see if they'll install different tires.

I bought my FR500's from this company and I was amazed at the quality in the wheels they shipped. The paint was applied perfectly and the clear was flawless. They also came with tires mounted and balanced, and there wasn't even the slightest nick/scratch on them. The Nexen tires weren't the greatest and I ended up replacing the rears because they looked stupid (265 35 18 on a 10" wide wheel looks terrible). But like Mr B said, see if they'll install different tires.

Yeah, I've heard good things about this company, and I was going to eventually get their DD Cobra R Replicas in Gunmetal before finally going with the Saleens. I still might get them later down the road. I'm sure they'll put Nitto's on for you; they sell Nittos as well as many other tire manufacture's. What I'm not sure about is if they'll be able to beat AM's price.

As for tire sizes, I think the 40 will match up better with the rear 35 size. I don't know, but I don't think I'd like a 45 in the front and a 35 in the back. I'd probably have to look at a few pictures though to be sure.

That '35' or '45' or '40' number is a percentage of the width (profile height). As the width goes up, that percentage must go down to keep the tire height the same. A 315/35-17 is the same height as a 275/40-17 which is the same as a 245/45-17.

Also, do not get a 255/40-17. I had it on my car, and it looked dumb. It was noticeable narrower than a 9" wheel, and also noticeably shorter, which had the effect of making the car not look as low as it was.

Hey guys! Thanks for your interest in our wheels. As far as I know, all three of us (CC, OE, AM) all carry wheels from the same manufacturer. However, with our free mounting/balancing/shipping and our real-time inventory, you know you're getting the best deal and you know when you'll get everything. On average, we have mounted/balanced wheels and tires out the door withing 2-3 business days from ordering them. Nobody else is gonna get you your wheels/tires faster than us!

Also, our wheels come with a one-year finish warranty, a lifetime structural warranty and the support of our Parts Experts here at AM. All we sell is Mustang wheels and tires, so that's all we know and what we do best. You won't find a more knowledgeable and enthusiastic group of people to chat about wheels with. Just tell them what you're looking for and they'd be happy to help you get something set up. If you do find it somewhere cheaper, we pricematch, so give our Parts Experts a call and they can set that up for you.

Beyond that, we offer a 6% forums discount for active members of the forum. With that 6% discount, there's not going to be many companies out there that can beat our prices. However, if they do, we'll still pricematch it for ya! If you don't already have the forums discount, shoot me a PM and I can hook you up with it. Let me know!

Have a good one, guys!

OE Wheels tends to only sell wheel/tire packages with cheap Nexen tires. FWIW, AM tends to sell the same wheels with better tire packages. Just look at the sizes offered by OE Wheels... the 18x10 wheels tend to come with 265/35 18 tires and they look like chit on a 18x10 wheel which needs a minimum of a 285 tire to look appropriate.

OE Wheels tends to only sell wheel/tire packages with cheap Nexen tires. FWIW, AM tends to sell the same wheels with better tire packages. Just look at the sizes offered by OE Wheels... the 18x10 wheels tend to come with 265/35 18 tires and they look like chit on a 18x10 wheel which needs a minimum of a 285 tire to look appropriate.

Whoa. 265 on a 10" wheel? That must look terrible. My 275s barely fill up a 9" wheel.