American Racing Redlines

Eric3D

Jun 11, 2008
Atlanta, ga
Ok after searching for a few days I am going to post this question:

I am looking to see if anyone has installed a set of 3 bar Knockoffs (spinners if you like that better) on the American Racing Redline wheels? I emailed American Racing and they just said they have none available.

Anyone know if the Shelby ones will work and or how much modification is necessary to make them work. Seems that someone must have gone though this issue.

Thanks guys,

Eric

• Sponsors (?)

wheels

That BRS kit looks like it would work out well. Seems no one really knows for sure though.

I emailed the guy at BRS and will post the response. I also saw Shelby has the new CS-40 wheels that have a spinner and are similar but it does not look like they will be offered in anthracite and also they have some god awful looking fake rivets on them.

The other wheel I really am liking a lot is the Rev Cobra 340 in 20". ContentPage The quality concerns me a bit but for the price they look incredible on the site and a few pictures of cars they are mounted on. It would also be nice if the rear 10" ones where dished a bit more. Anyone happen to have these wheels and would like to comment on quality?

The Raceline wheels are very nice but damn they are proud of those wheels. That is a lot of $.

The Redlines seem to be a good comprimise if spinners will work.

Thanks guys,

Eric

The guy over at BRS says he is 99% sure he can make a custom set for those wheels. He just needs dimensions of the hub and he can make an adaptor for his spinners. He replies fast to emails and seems to be right on top of it.

Now to just decide what to do.

Go with Knockoff Cobras = Rev O.E. Cobra 340's ContentPage They look nice but seems the chrome is clear coated and does not hold up that well. I am also a bit concerned about strength but several replies seem to indicated the weeks are pretty decent minus the Chrome holding up to winter driving which my car will never see.

American Racing Redlines and get a set of custom knockoffs made 20" Gunmetal Shelby Wheels Rims 94-04 Mustang Staggered with FREE SHIPPING - RT TIRE These should be high quality but the lips are machined satin and not polished or chrome.

Or just spend the real $ and get a set of Raceline wheels Raceline Wheels - GT 2 Piece 240 The GT240's are very nice but darn they are spendy. Not too sure of final price as I need to stop at a few local wheel stores to see what they can do but I know they are in the $400 each range.

Lots of choices. It would be easier if they where all free :rlaugh: