American Racing Slotted Mags

• Sponsors (?)

Wow I saw that American Racing brought them back, but I never dreamed they would make them in a 4 on 4 1/4" bolt circle! What were they thinking? Fox body and Saab guys would buy them? I am not sure why they did, but I need to order them before they discontinue them :D American Racing discontinues wheels quicker then they bring out new ones :p

http://americanracing.com/wheels/de...ce%20painted%20/%20machined%20alloy&section=V

Yeah I hear ya! And you know what the kicker is... look at the price! Compare that price to ANY of their wheels.. talk about AFFORDABLE!

I've got my fingers crossed for 15x8's and possibly 14x6's if they decide to turn out some 14s in our bolt pattern (or not).

Camshaft78 said:
Weren't these the rims that were on the Starsky & Hutch Torino back in the day? If I hadn't already redone my stockers i'd be down for a set.
just about any car had them "back in the day" :nice:

I've been thinking about getting a set of the 15's as a nice little upgrade over my 13" factory slots

Yeah I was likely conceived in the back seat of my dads 69 Cougar (with five slots) while my follks listened to 8 tracks back in 1974. Not that long ago really :rlaugh: Saddly I am almost twice as old as some of the gals and dudes on the II forum. I was wearing pink shirts and white pants (rolled up like Don Johnson) with deck shoes when Eos was born! [for the record I was and still am straight). Not to under-estimate the buying power of the 150 people in the world that love Mustang II's what freakiin' car would these wheels actually fit?? The back spacing would not be ideal for fox cars. The Focus, Contour and Tempo would look kinda strange and they would stick out. Old Fords have 4 on 4 1/2" bolt pattern. The II pattern is very common of european cars but what euro dude would want five slots :shrug: The more I think of it the more I think I should order them quickly :D

COBRAIIW said:
"Back in the day"
Good God! it was only in the 1970's! not 1870's
70 was 35 years ago, if you could drive then, guess what, you are old

put it on old man
hp2-27-03b.jpg

Attachments

• hp2-27-03b.jpg
    hp2-27-03b.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 120
COBRAIIW said:
"Back in the day"
Good God! it was only in the 1970's! not 1870's

I refuse to get old and wear those dumb Mr. Rodgers sweater coats.

LOL, even I don't think it was that long ago. I just said that to differentiate the TV series cars from the movie cars in case they had different rims.

As eveybody knows bolt circle and proper back spacing is only half the battle of fitting a wheel to a car. Center bore and proper cailper clearance also come in to play. I checked american Racing's aplication guide and the 15X7" Ansen Slot is listed as fitting the II. The 17" is not listed though?! I want the 15's anyhow so someone else will have to trial fit the 17's. :D