Progress Thread Amy's 83 Capri 5.0

• Sponsors (?)

the motor has a edelbrock carb already on it and it ran great and sounded even better with the full bbk exhaust with shorty headers. the way it sounded to me and a couple of people who heard it run said that it might a after market cam already.

the motor has a edelbrock carb already on it and it ran great and sounded even better with the full bbk exhaust with shorty headers. the way it sounded to me and a couple of people who heard it run said that it might a after market cam already.
It could, but it's kind of tough to find out what it is shy of removing the cam.

hey guys I may have a chance to get a 91 5.0 motor from a friend with only 43,000 miles on it when it was pulled out of the car. My question is how much more h/p is this motor than my 83 5.0

The stock 83 had about 175hp...the stock 91 had around 225hp...the 91 is also a roller lifter motor and better in my opinion. The pistons and heads are also different ( I believe ).

The 91 would respond better to a cam swap. I'd throw a mild cam in the 91 and ride another 20yrs.

I'm lying... I'd supercharge it :nonono:

Reactions: 2 users
hey guys its been awhile since I posted. I had some time last weekend and this weekend. I got most of the tear down done so I should be able to start cutting out the frame rails when I pick up the new frame rails next week. I got thirsty while I was working on it today.
IMG_0606.JPG
IMG_0607.JPG
IMG_0608.JPG

Reactions: 3 users
hey guys its been awhile since I posted. I had some time last weekend and this weekend. I got most of the tear down done so I should be able to start cutting out the frame rails when I pick up the new frame rails next week. I got thirsty while I was working on it today.
IMG_0606.JPG
IMG_0607.JPG
IMG_0608.JPG
Hey Amy, long time no hear from. Glad to see you haven't given up on your Capri.

And a double :nice::nice: for that third picture.

Keep us posted on the progress.

That's how it begins Amy.......next thing you know you'll be explaining to your friends that you have to install the roll cage so you won't get thrown off your local drag strip:D

Reactions: 1 users