An easy way to upgrade your stock Fox Seats:

TMIproducts

5 Year Member
Apr 19, 2011
Corona , California
// OK'd per MRaburn

Until lately it seemed the only way to upgrade your stock Fox seats past their original GT/LX status was to toss your original seats and opt for an awkward four point racing seat that stood out like a sore thumb from your original interior. Or you could attempt to make a Frankenstein of your ride and surgically implant some none Ford seats. Here at TMI we wanted another option, a stock looking sport seat that would both compliment the Fox interior as well as do its job of keeping you in your seat while taking those turns.

We came up with a Sport Seat that utilizes your original 1984-89 Fox seat frames but has the appearance of an aftermarket G force absorbing sport seat! We simply produced a much heavier bolstered seat foam that fits on your original seat frames and added a retro inspired seat upholstery that gives a kick back to the Mach 1’s and their powerful interior styling.

7615-our-svo-foamed-mach-1-seat-upholstery.jpg

The seats are available with and without the leg bolster, we also offer this Mach 1 seat upholstery style for the standard lowback as well as the original GT sport seats! Custom colors are available as well as door panels to match.

Let me know if you have any questions and keep an eye on Project BTC … these Mach 1’s just may be making a special appearance :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

Hey Guys,

The answer to the install question depends on you actually. I know many customers who have attempted the install with great results, and others who ended up taking them to shops. There are numerous sites/write ups on how to do replacement factory installation of seat upholstery online that can aid the first time DIY'er. These custom seats utilize your factory frames and install identically to your originals. In fact, we will be releasing a youtube video on this exact installation within the next two weeks. We'll be taking a standard stock tattered LX seat and turning it into the wicked sport seat pictured above. I'll make sure to post it here as well as on it's own thread!

As for purchase, we do not sell direct to retail but our line is available from numerous authorized TMI dealers. Great companies like Fox Mustang Restoration, Latemodel Restoration, CJ Pony Parts, National Parts Depot, and many others. Just make sure to ask for TMI by name!

This seat upholstery is also available in custom color combinations. For example, you could get the upholstery in a stock color such as titanium vinyl with a black stripe instead of a red. The possibilities are endless!:nice:

Here are the stock replacement options for the Mach 1 Fox Upholstery:

The standard low back:
7612-mach-1-style-upholstery-your-fox-body-seats.jpg

And the Articulated GT/LX Sport Seat as well as our door panels made to match!
7616-mach-1-fox-seat-mach-1-door-panel.jpg

Again, these two options simply replace your stock upholstery & can be constructed in any array of colors or materials to match your existing interior!

These are great looking covers buuut we had these installed on an 82 GT with 89 GT seats in it with brand new foams for a customer and my upholstery guy had to add a half inch to the entire seat to get them to fit right and have the covers be tight and not wrinkly. Jus from our experience.

When will these new products be for sale on the various sites you posted?
I've replaced the foam and tweed using the stock kits on a couple fox cars in the past.
Very easy!

I am about to redo the stock seats in my '88 GT vert. I'm definitely gonna go with this new look foam along with the light grey tweed.

Mac'n - All of the seats above were installed locally, on existing Fox frames with our foam and upholstery without any issues like what you mentioned above. The only variable i can think of (as i had this problem this morning w/ a Camaro customer) is that the springs on the seats were dilapidated, making the foams sit too low. If anything like that happens in the future, please do not hesitate to call me directly 800-624-7960!

Kornut - Thank you sir! We do not sell them direct to retail as we are only the manufacturer. But they can be purchased through any of our Authorized TMI Dealers. Companies like National Parts Depot, CJ Pony Parts, Latemodel Restoration, Fox Mustang Restoration and many more. Just make sure to ask for TMI by name (these are called the SVO Mach1 Seat foam/Upholstery)

SSC Any of the companies listed above can purchase these seats, however most are still in the process of getting them up on the website. If you call the dealer directly to order, they'll be able to take the order. If you hit any snags, tell them you talked directly to the Sales Manager at TMI (me, Waylon) and they can call me with any questions they may have!

We have all of the stock original reproductions colors (1979-93) as well as custom colors available.
Simply toss me a PM with your address and what colors you're thinking of using and I will get you samples out first thing tomorrow :nice:

It honestly will be a real long time before I swap out any seats. Thanks for the offer. These may look good in a 99+ as well.

Sounds good, we're currently working on the GT/ Mach 1 & Bullitt Upholstery for the SN95's. Should be launching those soon! Just let me know if you want to see samples , it's never to early to decide what you want!

After I get off work I will send my address. I really like the extra bolster on the seats in the first post. Any plans for that on a sn95 frame?

Well there you go guys! CJ Pony to the rescue! Thanks Steve!

As for a custom sport seat for the SN95's, we will be offering the Bullitt / Mach 1 / SVT Cobra seat upholstery and foam. The foam for those seats is very highly bolstered and aggressive, and thankfully, it will bolt right up to either your SN95 standard or GT Frames for a quick upgrade!

Once we get all of our patterns finished I'll post up the details!