An emissions question for anyone in Missouri!

If your car is modified (Headers, Cam, no Cats, Etc…) how do/did you get it to pass emissions testing in Missouri? This is why I am looking into historic plates. The testing if fairly strict on what will and won’t pass.

Also are you running catalytic converters on your Street Mustangs? Can you get away with not having them on?

It was much easier a few years ago when the laws were less strict!

Chad

• Sponsors (?)

Great ?

Very good subject to bring up. I havn't looked into it yet in my state either. I live in IL. How old does your car need to be in order to not have to take emissions. Can you get away with not having to take emissions if you classify it as maybe a show car and you don't drive it much or a race car. I've been wondering about this emission stuff lately also.

Dan

danimaltheanima said:
Very good subject to bring up. I havn't looked into it yet in my state either. I live in IL. How old does your car need to be in order to not have to take emissions. Can you get away with not having to take emissions if you classify it as maybe a show car and you don't drive it much or a race car. I've been wondering about this emission stuff lately also.

Dan
I have another thread going about that:
http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=408029

There would be lots of restrictions on my driving if I got Historic Plates!
Chad