And as time went along..I changed how things looked to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarMichael Angelo

my rearend will smell so minty fresh,
15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
Birmingham, al
An old friend texts me three photos of one of my previous fairmont/zephyrs that I built about 23 years ago...Nobody has really seen these pics before..( and after looking at them,...it’s maybe a good thing)

I bought this car as a factory V8 fairmont for next to nothing back in the day...Everything on the car required some sort of compromise...A buddy deal paint job, stuff that I had bargained off of other cars, now applied to this one ( i.e. the hideous wing, the 4 lug Centerline wheels...Plastic seats,..plastic fuel cell..)
The only thing I didn’t compromise on was the engine power adder....The first time I plummed an intake for a fogger..( albeit a “sportsman fogger”) But the engine was A Cast iron headed Wirkd Sr./KB hypereutec piston stock bottom end
That met its untimely end at the hands of the kid that bought it from me.

As I recall this was a 1997 project car...I was broke, but addicted to drag racing,....I poured every single dime i made into this car..

20210209_215454~2.jpg

20210209_215458.jpg
20210209_215711.jpg

There was a time that I thought this thing was cool,...now I'm ashamed to admit I built it.

* But...as much as I've think I've changed....look at the fender...

And.. for the few that have seen it..This is how that car ended up last year..
20190221_034034000_iOS.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

If I had that car back then I would’ve been proud of it. As you get older your tastes change. Just part of life. But it was something you were passionate about back then. That’s nothing to be ashamed of.
And it’s sad to see how it ended up.

I couldn't afford a decent American car, lived in the southwest, and built Hondas. I can easily beat your "failure" in vision, to include a four-door 91 civic with no interior, a twin cam motor, un-sprung ceramic clutch and solid engine mounts. Not pretty, not fast, and felt like it would rip the firewall out every time you released the clutch. Oh, and the "tuned chip" it had ran so rich that I actually blew up a muffler that had received copious amounts of raw fuel before the engine fired. Definitely poor choices across the board. In short, would have traded for your Fairmont even then.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.