And so starts another long winter

• Sponsors (?)

I have a small 5k watt fan forced 240v ceiling mounted heater in my garage, great for winter projects.
Matter of fact I turned it on a few minutes ago , will be heading out there to cut some trim for our
upstairs flooring project.

I hear you on family "fleet" maintenance, I was responsible for 6 cars until last year when my oldest
moved out of state with her boyfriend , although still get involved.
Now we have 5 in the stable, can't even quantify how much money we saved doing the maintenance and
I have a good friend who really helps me out but I'm getting too old for this..lol

I’ve got a 4k 220v heater in mine and it really does a good job of cutting out the chill. Turn it on, go make a coffee and come back and it’s already getting cozy enough to only need a sweatshirt. In an hour I’m down to a t shirt and turning down the heater.

as for fleet maintainance. I’m getting sick of it. My kids don’t drive so it’s just my car and my wife’s, but I’m getting sick of doing oil changed, let alone small repairs.

I know I could pay someone, but I’m not paying someone $500 for something I can do for $75. So I guess I’m stuck fixing cars. I’m getting too old for this though.

I consider the Mustang to be a hobby, so I don’t look at working on it the same way. Even so, I think I’m nearing my point of being done with the car. Done as in no more major projects. Just clean and drive.

I’ve got a 4k 220v heater in mine and it really does a good job of cutting out the chill. Turn it on, go make a coffee and come back and it’s already getting cozy enough to only need a sweatshirt. In an hour I’m down to a t shirt and turning down the heater.

as for fleet maintainance. I’m getting sick of it. My kids don’t drive so it’s just my car and my wife’s, but I’m getting sick of doing oil changed, let alone small repairs.

I know I could pay someone, but I’m not paying someone $500 for something I can do for $75. So I guess I’m stuck fixing cars. I’m getting too old for this though.

I consider the Mustang to be a hobby, so I don’t look at working on it the same way. Even so, I think I’m nearing my point of being done with the car. Done as in no more major projects. Just clean and drive.
I agree .
One word of advice, when your kids do start driving give them something mechanically sound but not
something you really care about ... they WILL bang it up lol

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Off subject: Just a comment because its on my mind. My daughter has Covid tested + all friends+ room mates+. She is on one side of the house. My wife and I negative but going again. All these twenty two year old where all living it up in bars two weeks ago. They all brought it home to there families. I told her one hundred times about it. Do you think they care. They do feel sick with headache and cough. No need to comment