Another Cobra question..

mob

the guy who hits on his mom
Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Oct 3, 2003
Dallas, TX
do you guys think i would be overpaying for a 96-98 Cobra, at 9-9.5k with 75-80k miles on it? If so, does anybody know where I could find one at the right price, (online, etc.) or would I have to go out and look around my area? thanks..

• Sponsors (?)

I bought my 97 for 17K with only 35,000 miles on it. Not stock though. The guy I bought it from had full documentation on everything ever done to the car. It took a couple of months of looking though. I also had to drive a couple of states over to get it. Just take your time and don't rush into any Cobra. Get a Carfax report, and be sure to give it a thorough look over.

I got my '01 Cobra for $18k with 11,500 miles on it in NY. I always thought the '96-'98 were a great deal for what you are getting. There's a black one at a dealer near my place for $9k. Not sure the mileage though.

My 98 cobra with 122k miles cost me $9,700 in june. Bone stock. The car is in awsome shape and the seats look like they have 20k miles on them. A federal judge used it to drive between home and work. Oh and the bank would loan 11k even with that many miles. The funny part is a 96 vert with 55k miles would only loan 12k. I guess the 98's are much more saught after.