another dent, this time its my fault

bboylobo

May 4, 2005
Lancaster PA
I was drving out of my driveway to work and i didnt pay attention to how close i was to the garage. its a tight turn and sometimes takes me a little bit t get out. i was just in a rush and didnt realize how close i was :nonono:

I have a $500 deductable to pay on monday :(

1106090715.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

well its like the farthest point out from the side. i just couldnt believe when i did. i heard the crunch and pulled to the side and flipped ****.

itsa killer shot to the ego that thinks its the best driver in the world lol.

I did the same, though not quite that bad, to my black 02 GT. I raked the rear fender on a shelf on the side of my garage while backing in...lesson learned - I NEVER backed in to a single stall again...only in the middle (when cleaning, vacuuming, etc - it's a 2 car garage)
A few months earlier, same shelf, I bumped into the shelf (me, not the car) and tipped over a fire extinguisher that was on the shelf. Of course it had to bounce off of the front fender and put a nice dent into it (parked straight in this time). I was never so glad to get rid of those damn shelves...they had it in for my car.
I have a ladder hanging over my Mach now...and while it only weighs about 10 lbs or so, and I've tested the hooks holding it to the ceiling with my body weight, I still worry...LOL

man, I would not claim that, you can get a panel in junkyard, have it painted and put on for a little more than that. It could save you money in the long run. Good luck.

well its like the farthest point out from the side. i just couldnt believe when i did. i heard the crunch and pulled to the side and flipped ****.

itsa killer shot to the ego that thinks its the best driver in the world lol.

You have that problem too ? I found out my $60 black pony in my grill had a chip in it earlier and went into a blind rage...

why on earth would you want him to purchase an entire panel from the junkyard for that little spot. have a reputable body shop repair it and be done with it. shouldnt cost much over $500 to fix it period. i wouldn't make a claim for that. but i also wouldnt even consider at all buying another quater and trying to find a shop to weld it in. that would cost a fortune and would be big time over kill for such minor damage. i have managed 2 body shops plus been a body man and painter for years.

I would fore-go on making the claim and pay for it myself. Insurance is for "BIG" problems. The house I'm moving into now has separate garage doors. I call it the "Bat Cave". Each door is small and tight eventhough the garage is big.

i made the claim. geico lady said its monor enough not to warrant an increase. but im sure im goanna see something come up on my next statement. Its in the shop now get fixed up. i feel like such an a$$ but hey we all do stupid things sometimes.

i made the claim. geico lady said its monor enough not to warrant an increase. but im sure im goanna see something come up on my next statement. Its in the shop now get fixed up. i feel like such an a$$ but hey we all do stupid things sometimes.

that sucksss, i back into my garage door while it was half way up a month or 2 ago and popped my spoiler off, i know how you feel lol