Another dumb exhaust question

So i have the SLP LM I's on my car and I previously had the MAC O/R H Pipe, I have since replaced that h pipe with the factory h pipe due to an exhaust ticket and state inspections and I really didnt like how loud and "poppy" it was. I am in the market again and would like to with an X pipe, but damn a catted x is so much more $$$, my ? is would an O/R X sound any diff that the O/R H...

• Sponsors (?)

Would an "X" sound different than an "H"? Yes, even more poppy. It's those SLP's, I have them with an o/r h-pipe, and they pop too. I also just got an exhaust ticket ($560!! ouch! I'm fighting it in court though), and will soon be switching to a MAC catback.

you run into the issue of noise and not being able to pass an inspection again. o/r pipes and those resonators are always gonna be loud. that combo would probably be louder than the o/r h-pipe. most guys i know of with the x-pipes on their cars are louder than the ones with o/r h pipes.

Hey CmanT1914 i am from killeen too!!! if you plan to get rid of the slp's would you sell them and how much? lookin at your avatar are you the vert with the steeda logo work on W.S. Young?

Hey what's up dude! Nice to meet another Killeen guy on here. I will probably sell them, but I promised my buddy he could throw them on his car (2000 GT) first to see what it sounds like. It will probably be a month or so before I get around to it.

Yep, that's my stang. That's my dad's shop, I used to work for him. Now I'm a mechanic at Cleo Bay Honda used.

01SN8K said:
Hey CmanT1914 i am from killeen too!!! if you plan to get rid of the slp's would you sell them and how much? lookin at your avatar are you the vert with the steeda logo work on W.S. Young?