Another Exhaust Question

94GTLaserRC: You are in the perfect situation to do it right, meaning all you need is mufflers. Most people who think American thunders (muffler p/n 942543) sound good but are not that loud, don't realize that Flowmaster p/n 42543 are ten times louder. You can not get these mufflers in a catt back kit, so with an american thunder kit you have nothing compared to welding in some Original 40 Series 2-chamber (p/n 42543)

• Sponsors (?)

RIO5.0 said:
Sportmans will sound way tighter than that clip...Trust me...:nice:

RC...These are Sportmans with Flo-tubes...Just tell em a 95....I got the Flo-tubes so they would bolt right to my Prochamber........

These would aound sweet with an X, damn close to the sound your after.. Alot of that sound your after comes with a cam to...

Spintechs%20muffs.jpg

Youre referring to the ones that Red Ink has?

Are those stainless?

RC

This might be a random question, but relates.
Is it possible to order a flowmaster american thunder catback with stainless steel 3" tips?
I am deciding between mac or flowmaster catback, and the mac has got me primarily because the 3" tips.
I think I like flowmasters sound better.

nmcgrawj said:
:eek:

When are you gonna get some clips man? How loud is that thing? Ever compared it to the conventional off road h, 40 series flow combo?

There are quite a few spintech clips on don john's website. I couldnt imagine prostreets on my car...that would be too damn loud.:eek:

I really dont know how to do sound clips. The great thing about it is it's not loud inside the car but it screams pretty good outside. Definitely not too loud for a mustang lover. :nice:

94GTLaserRC said:
I alreadh have coughflowscough and Im not too happy with them...which is why I want to change.

Thanks
RC
you have 3 chambers correct? the difference in tone and loudnesss between 2 chamber and 3 chamber is night and day buddy....a friend of mine has 3 chambers with an o/r h and ive got 2 chambers with an o/r h, and mines almost 2x as loud, and the tone is SOO much nicer...

Even the difference between 2-chamber American Thunders and Original 40 Series 2-chambers is night and day. I am starting to wonder how many people konw this? Because American Thunder seems to be "THE" flowmaster system. I mean how many people actually buy flow pipes, tail pipes, and weld in mufflers(p/n 42543), when they can just buy a kit!

stprorolla49 said:
you have 3 chambers correct? the difference in tone and loudnesss between 2 chamber and 3 chamber is night and day buddy....a friend of mine has 3 chambers with an o/r h and ive got 2 chambers with an o/r h, and mines almost 2x as loud, and the tone is SOO much nicer...
The problem is IM not POSITIVE they are 3's...Im just guessing b/c it's not so loud.

As far as the "tone" being "nicer" is it more a higer, raspier sound? My flows are more of a deep rumbe.

Thanks stp
RC

94GTLaserRC said:
The problem is IM not POSITIVE they are 3's...Im just guessing b/c it's not so loud.

As far as the "tone" being "nicer" is it more a higer, raspier sound? My flows are more of a deep rumbe.

Thanks stp
RC
yea, the 3 chambers tend to have just a little less rumble at idle that the 2 chambers do, and at wot, the 2 chambers scream!!! if yours arent screaming, you've got 3 chambers most likely....just get a set of regular 2 chambers like in the american thunder catback and dont look back....i PROMISE you, you will thank me with a grin humongous grin from ear to ear when you rip on it the first time:D

RC those you describe sound like three chambers........ two's would be a lot better......

I say that because i had 3 chambers on an old truck of mine w/ engine work, 3" exhaust, was so deep it was quiet, but you could watch the windows in the house vibrate with the cam etc..... and feel it..... i actually liked those.....

jason

stprorolla49 said:
yea, the 3 chambers tend to have just a little less rumble at idle that the 2 chambers do, and at wot, the 2 chambers scream!!! if yours arent screaming, you've got 3 chambers most likely....just get a set of regular 2 chambers like in the american thunder catback and dont look back....i PROMISE you, you will thank me with a grin humongous grin from ear to ear when you rip on it the first time:D
What's the difference b/t the American Thunder and the 40 series? I thought they were the same (both 2-chamber) but I keep seeing the names used differently?

I thought someone said you canNOT get the AT's in mufflers only...It will be WAY less $$ for me to get the mufflers and pay to have them welded in than to get a whole catback.

RC

i think that is what they are saying, that you can't get the AT's alone, only in the kit, I also believe if i am interpreting it correctly that they are saying that the american thunders are quieter than the original 40 series flows....

jason

FLO-17112 - $239.95 from summit. buy this kit and reuse your chrome tailpipes. the install is quick and painless, plus you get 2.5" piping all the way out which would benefit you a great deal over the stock piping that is on the car now. like i told you before rob, why pay $70 per muffler and then $60-$90 to weld them in at a muffler shop when you can get the true cat back with mandrel bent piping for nearly the same price? there is a link to the cat back at summit. that is the way to go. if you need to hear one, come listen to my car.

http://store.summitracing.com/partd...4294908331+4294840126+4294908282&autoview=sku

Again, you have to decide if you want the ease of the kit or the loudness of the weld in 42543's. You will end up paying close to the same either way but the decision is in how loud you want your car. 942543's (american thunders) sound stock compared to 42543's. How loud do you want to be?